PDA

View Full Version : leaking gas!!!!!!! help

Vicious Beaner!
09-06-2011, 11:15 AM
ok so as we know gas is expensive , and i cant afford to leak it everywhere. im not a baller :cool:

it is an 1989 coupe with an sr20. stock. and a walbro 255

now before i did the swap i changed the gas tank cuz the other 1 also leaked. it was dented up bad. but i noticed it only leaked when i filled up to half tank then would leak it all till it got down to a quart then would stop.
now i got a fresher gas tank with 1 tiny dent . inspected it and looked good. changed the fuel lines. fuel pump oring etc so i wouldnt have problems anymore . no it is not leaking from the top of the fuel pump . it is bone dry. this tank started leaking 2 days ago when i filled it up half tank leaked a little maybe leaked down to a quart and now it stopped.
it looks like its coming from the strap that hold the tank the center 1 but its not looks like its comming from the top of the gas tank then rushes down. any concerns guy? also it wasbout 4 months ago i swapped the tank and never had a problem and just started doing this again.
one more thing. i noticed that when i close the gas cap all the way and it pressurizes in there its starts leaking. like trying to release pressure from somewhere. . any out put would be greatly appreciated/im tired of dealing with this gas problem and having to inhale it when driving.
thanks guys

!Zar!
09-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Check the lines coming from the fuel pump. They tend to dry out and crack.

Flicktitty
09-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Fuel lines 1st.
2nd is the fuel top hat o-ring.
3rd warped fuel top hat.

Vicious Beaner!
09-06-2011, 02:57 PM
thanks guys. figured it out.
my gas tank had a tiny puncture by the bracket strap towards the top by the fuel line and thats where is was leaking from.so once pressure built up that was where it was escaping from. i put some gas tank repair puddy, now its hard as a rock and ready to roll :snoop: