PDA

View Full Version : trouble starting rb25 need help asap

CurleyMerkin14
09-05-2011, 05:35 PM
soo the motor is a rb25 it's just started this problem out of know where had no isusse b4 this ... car turns over everything sounds like it should bit it will just sit there and crank over for atleast 1 min if I let it so with the risk of destroying my starter out of frustration any one have a clue what this could be ? I'm guessing something to do with the fuel but what?

caylors13
09-05-2011, 05:43 PM
I would check the fuel pressure ,u can do this from the regulator with psi gauge. Depending on ur setup check the specks for propper psi. Souns like a fuel problem, if thats not it pull a plug out and smell it, if it smells like gas than its a spark problem. Maybe crank sensor?

CurleyMerkin14
09-05-2011, 10:36 PM
also when car is cold it fires right up ... not Sher if that helps any

mando240
09-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Change ur temperature sensor...
When the car gets warm again disconnect it and try turning on the car, should turn right on. If it turns right on just get a new sensor and replace it they are like $15 at any discount auto parts.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__3488284-P_290_R%7CGRPSENSAMS_1817628342___?zoneAssigned=1

caylors13
09-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Yea maybe a temp sensor.remember start easy than start spending $

CurleyMerkin14
09-06-2011, 04:26 PM
thanks guys I'll give it a try next time I go out

CurleyMerkin14
09-07-2011, 07:31 PM
ok it was the sensor ... installed a new one plugged it in and its doing the same thing as the old one did currently just leaving it unplugged so i dont kill my starter any one know why this could be??

mando240
09-07-2011, 07:34 PM
check your computer for codes....
also read ur pm i asked you if you have it in-line meaning between the water hoses or in the manifold like oem??

CurleyMerkin14
09-07-2011, 07:43 PM
yea its in the oem spot everything hooked up correct just still wants to be a b**ch

mando240
09-07-2011, 07:48 PM
yea its in the oem spot everything hooked up correct just still wants to be a b**ch

ok kool we can help each other im going trough this right now lol but my sensor is inline with the top radiator hose...

k read codes currently i have a knock sensor code... for a fact so as soon as i figure out whats wrong ill keep u posted let me know asap if u get to the bottom of this lol... only thing i can think of is the ecu being in limp mode from the knock sensor and when the car runs at OT it will cause it to run rich and retard timing and not giving it the right fuel. just a guess but this is what BMW does :)

CurleyMerkin14
09-08-2011, 08:18 PM
car also for about 1 or 2 seconds as soon as it starts makes a grinding niose then stops anyone know what that is ?

CurleyMerkin14
09-12-2011, 10:19 PM
can anyone tell me why this keeps happening?

CurleyMerkin14
09-14-2011, 12:24 PM
figured my battery wasnt strong enough when i relocated it but i put it back up front and its still not hot starting with that damn coolant temp sensor

User_Name
09-14-2011, 12:48 PM
figured my battery wasn't strong enough when i relocated it but i put it back up front and its still not hot starting with that damn coolant temp sensor

Just had this same problem! Mine turned out the be the ignition switch; These are KNOWN for going out on the S14. Didn't read what car this was in, but just letting you know.

Start by removing the ignition switch if you haven't already. It's help by (2) little Philips screws. Unscrews those and it should pull right out; Once it's out, stick your key in there gently and give it a turn! If it fires right up, you know that it's just not turning far enough when connected so it's not sending the +12v directly to the starter.

Usually these get worn down over time on the s14's and will cause symptoms just like you're experiencing. What you can do is fill it with some puddy or lock tight and then screw the ignition switch back in so the opposite end fits into place nicely and the lock tight will harden and you'll never have to experience this problem again!

It did the trick for me! Hopefully this helps you.