PDA

View Full Version : Sr20, redtop, breaking up(rich) while boosting.

ultimateirving
09-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Just got my car running again, with z32 maf, 850cc sard inj, adj fpr@43psi(w/o vac), walbro 255, greddy type s bov, fmic, Emance Rom tune for 15psi, s14 t28.

After i first got it running, ~4days ago, it was really rich, i had some boost leaks due to multiple couplers, so i limped my car over to future fab and matt took care of me, redid all my intercool plumbing. I now have 1 piece hot and cold pipes. did boost leak test, and fixed all leaks so it holds boost no problem. However my plugs became fouled out due to driving with extreme richness. I replaced the plugs yesterday gapped to .30, still broke up bad in boost and still had afrs in low 10's even touched the 9s. Then i thought i may be blowing out the spark so i gapped it down to .25, that didnt help either. after pulling my plugs again i noticed, they were bkr5e coppers. when i was at oreilly i thought i had bought bkr6e coppers. would the bkr5's be too hot for this and thats why its running poorly?
Ive read multiple peoples threads from google searches trying to see what fixed their issues and really havent had any luck. I am going to be putting e85 in as soon as i getting it running normal on gas.( i have a separate tune for e85 which i can switch to, once its running strong)

Is it possible the 850's are too much for such little boost with only 15psi? i even tried running at just the stock 7 psi, however the car still breaks up.

Car ran great before i added the new injectors, maf and tune.

dont flame me too hard plz, just help
thank you.

usdm180sx
09-02-2011, 06:51 PM
850cc injectors are too much for a t28. Did you get those for the e85? 550's are good for that turbo. Whoa bkr5's run waaaay too hot! Get ngk bkr7eix iridium. No gapping. My car had similar issues until I switched over.

cotbu
09-02-2011, 07:49 PM
850cc injectors are too much for a t28.:bs:
If you tune is correct you can run the sard 850's just fine. I do! The recommended plug heat range is, 7's Iridium's are not necessary.
It's probably your tune, contact Jason and have him verify the tune. Or get a retune from someone else.

In the meantime check the ecu for codes, is it breaking up in neutral? revving it freely does it still go rich? If you rev to 2500rpm and hold, is it super rich?

ultimateirving
09-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Problem solved, crisis averted.
Had my fpr turned up to high at idle, was like 55 psi. so it was dumping fuel. Also new greddy bov was venting air under boost, so i tightened that up. Finally found a small boost leak from my last old coupler so i replaced that as well. Boosts great now til about 7500! love it!