PDA

View Full Version : Formula Drift Licences

SMDrift
08-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi guys,

Now, before the flaming and all that crap, I have researched and pray that someone on here will have some suitable information. I am also from Australia and our competitions run a little differently over here.

So, as the title says, I have a few questions about obtaining and utilising the FD licences.

I understand you must place well in a Pro Am series in order to be eligible for a licence, thats cool.

However, when it comes time to use the licence, what are the restrictions? Are drivers literally able to enter Formula Drift and go from there or is there a bit more to it than that? I'm assuming the fee to enter the series would be what sets quite a few drivers back?

The other question is, do sponsors look at drifting favourably? Here in Aus it is definitely not the case!

Anyway, if anyone has any information, feel free to post in here otherwise in PM if you prefer :)

Cheers,

Simon

conrad_s13.5
01-30-2012, 02:21 PM
hate to bump this,. but,...hate that no one ever replied.

Not just everyone gets sponsored over here either, you pretty much have to go approaching people,.. or at least that ive noticed.
But you have to have some sort of backing or wealth to keep up with FD.

If you participate in enough pro-am events and win in overall points at the end of the season, you get a FD license.

Now after thats out of the way, as long as your car pass's Pro-level Tech requirements,. you have to be able to afford to keep up with enough events in Formula D for it to even be worth a damn. Otherwise your kind of just wasting your money.
-event fee's
-travel expenses (food, hotel, gas, etc)
-tire expenses
-damage expenses
-expenses expenses

Its an expensive enough hobby, and i love it,....and i just go when i can. I couldnt imagin it being an obligation......lol

whats it like down unda'?