PDA

View Full Version : HELP! KA24DE horrible noise and no power

AndyG
08-27-2011, 04:33 PM
I Just bought a 1991 240sx and when driving down the highway i lost power and pulled over. my coolant was boiling out and the motor wouldnt stay on. the dash doesnt work so i had no idea it was overheating. i walked to the gas station and bought 4 quarts of oil. they all went in so i am assuming it had almost no oil in it. i got it to move to a gas station very slow. i had to hold the clutch and the gas all the way in to get it to move and stay on. now when i start it there is a horrible ticking and knocking noise. please help me find out what is wrong!!

nujabe
08-28-2011, 01:05 AM
sorry dood it might have developed rod knock... no oil and any engine hot.. did you ever look at the oil when you bot it..

90white240
08-28-2011, 01:10 AM
You blew your motor time for swap.

AndyG
09-03-2011, 03:41 AM
well, the guy i bought the car from must have pawned the title or something so i cant register it.. i dropped the tranny out of it and i am going to try to buy a 1989 s13 off one of my friends. I took the tranny and all of the clutch components because my friends car is an auto and i am planning on doing a tranny swap.