PDA

View Full Version : Ka24e no start?!

DinoMan
08-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Okay so me and my brother recently got a hatch with the stock ka24e in it. the guy we bought it from said the timing was off after he changed the timing chain and thats why it wouldnt start. Took off the valve cover and the chain sprocket wasnt even on the cam right..... we got the timing done, changed spark plug wires and spark plugs and also fuel filter. We have good compression across all four cylinders, checked and had fuel coming through, have good spark and the engine cranks over, But no start???? We're stumped on what to do and thinking about just buying a new engine to put in it. any help please?!

Infamax
08-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Maybe the fuel feed and return lines were swapped, that happened to me once.

You could also check the firing order, the DOHC and SOHC firing order are different. The SOHC firing order is, clockwise starting at 1 o'clock position 3124

Set your car to TDC, remove your valve cover and make sure the markings on the cam sprocket and the cam are set to the proper position. With the motor still at TDC, look at the distributor rotor to check if the rotor is pointing at the 4 o'clock position.

DinoMan
08-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Just to be sure, what position is the cam and sprocket supposed to be set at? we've just been setting it with the notch at the top.... the distributor was pointed at the 1 o clock and we're changing it to 4 right now. the motor is at tdc too but we're not too sure about where the cam and sprocket are supposed to be positioned