PDA

View Full Version : vision motorworks (ebay) crank pulley

sw20>>s14
08-27-2011, 03:40 AM
so i was browsing ebay and came across this ebay company's pulley...the company is called "vision motorsports", but they have a seller name of "performancetuners"...no ebay links so youre gonna have to look for it yourself...they make a KA crank pulley and whole set for SRs...

looks like a quality piece and unlike many other "cost effective" pulleys, has a steel insert for the crank...thats a huge plus for me...judging from their listing and description, they also sound like they at least know a thing or two about motors and 240s, unlike most retailers/sellers that are probably just fobs in socal trying to peddle as many parts as they can without much knowledge (no offense to anyone)...another huge plus (and source of skepticism) is that theyre DIRT cheap (<$60 shipped)...

so, does anyone have any firsthand experience with these pieces? please dont respond with, "you get what you pay for", i am looking for firsthand experiences with quality and reliability of these parts...

searched but couldnt come up with much...

S14DB
08-27-2011, 04:16 AM
It's a knockoff of an ASP pulley. All the info is from old ASP ads. It's all copy/paste. Search for ASP pulleys on here.

sw20>>s14
08-30-2011, 01:43 AM
cool, thanks for the heads up, but with that said, how is this piece specifically? when you said, "its all copy/paste", are you inferring that they are practically interchangeable and have no discernible differences in quality, durability, engineering, or any aspect whatsoever? (barring price, of course)

S14DB
08-30-2011, 06:36 AM
I was saying all the info in that ad was copy/paste. Not their own.

As to the quality of that unit. Who knows how close the tolerances are to the ASP pulley it is cloned off of. What the quality of the metals used. If the units are checked for balance.

I have an ASP pulley somewhere around here for a DOHC(91-98 are the same). I saw no gains on the dyno with it. Even with the steel ring on the input seal it still ate 2 of them. Never had a main seal problem till I got that(oem greased seals). I wonder if it was more crank harmonics then the material.
It was a waste of time and money. More time of pulling the pulley every time. I won't be upgrading the pulley on my SR unless it's for a harmonically damped unit like an ATI.

codyace
08-30-2011, 07:40 AM
It was a waste of time and money. More time of pulling the pulley every time. I won't be upgrading the pulley on my SR unless it's for a harmonically damped unit like an ATI.

FWIW: THe Unorthodox ones have never given me an issue FWD or RWD on KA or SR20, but then again I'd expect a company like that to do a 'bit' more R+D than a ebay knock off.

We did see gains with them as well...mininmal, yet consistant. It wouldn't be a part I say is a must by any stretch.

S14DB
08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
FWIW: THe Unorthodox ones have never given me an issue FWD or RWD on KA or SR20, but then again I'd expect a company like that to do a 'bit' more R+D than a ebay knock off.

We did see gains with them as well...mininmal, yet consistant. It wouldn't be a part I say is a must by any stretch.

Are you using the whole sets or just the crank pulleys?

codyace
08-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Are you using the whole sets or just the crank pulleys?

Crank pulley only.