PDA

View Full Version : Throw out Bearing hit Clutch cover????

90240sr
08-26-2011, 07:20 PM
All of the sudden my car wouldn't go into gear after a short drive. When it wasn't running it would shift into gear fine but when it was running it wouldn't go into gear at all.

I removed the transmisson and the clutch disk looks fine but the clutch cover is grinded down in the center from the TOB touching it I'm guessing. My clutch fork looks fine. Could it be one of the spring clips on the fork? When i had the tranny off the car i moved the fork with my hand the long spring clip kind of popped out. Then i could put it back in though. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW 92 240sx with a KA24de

Biggamehit
08-26-2011, 08:09 PM
if the retaining clip from the pivot ball comes ,, the fork will slide slightly more forward.. your pressure plate diaphragm should have no play

what type of clutch and pressure plate is it?

90240sr
08-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Will it move it forward enough to hit the pressure plate? It's the oem exedy model. I can take pics of anything if it helps.

90240sr
09-02-2011, 08:09 PM
UPDATE: I bought a new clutch kit and i noticed there is no play in the springs on the clutch. On my old clutch there is some play. At least a quarter inch in some springs. Is this normal?

sr20sean
09-02-2011, 09:42 PM
UPDATE: I bought a new clutch kit and i noticed there is no play in the springs on the clutch. On my old clutch there is some play. At least a quarter inch in some springs. Is this normal?

thats not normal. lol