PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple questions before my KA24DE swap

stEEZE nikkAA
08-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Yo guys, on the verge of finishing up the swap. Already took the single cam automatic out, cleaned up and painted the engine bay, and about to put the dual cam 5 speed in. Just got a couple questions that I can't seem to find the answers for. Bear with me, this is my first swap. :wan:

1. While pulling out the motor, I forgot to unplug one of the sensors that connect from the bottom radiator hose to the engine. It's basically a metal pipe that connects two rubber pipes together, with a sensor sticking out the top. I think it's the coolant temperature switch/sensor?

http://spriso.com/content/wp-content/gallery/james-s15-sr20det-swap/therm02.jpg

Anyways, the metal prongs pretty much ripped out of the plug. I could connect it back in again, but I have no idea what is positive and what is negative. Is there such thing as a trial and error problem solving here or will I mess it up if I "guess" which polarity it goes?

2. The dual cam motor I got came with a power steering pump. I was told that i need to replace the single cam pump AND lines. The guy I bought the motor from gave me the lines up until the point where the hard line starts. Here's the pic. I received the part circled in BLUE (disregard the black circle), and the RED line is where he cut it from. Should I just cut the single cam connection at the same place, flare it out, and attach it to where the hardline should bolt on? Or do I need the rest of the hard lines?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e71/Lube716/psl.jpg

3. Is a KA24DE throttle cable necessary? Or can I just use my single cam one?

4. The DE came with a distributor on the motor already. I didn't get the ignition coil from him though. Can I use my single cam coil for the dual cam distributor?

5. Do I just transfer all the hoses (i.e. heater/coolant) from the E to the DE?

6. What other little parts will or will not work on the DE if I just carry it over from the donor single cam?

7. If I'm not mistaken, I can use the bottom harness that was attached to the auto trans for the 5 speed trans, correct? Just some minor modification to make the trans work?