PDA

View Full Version : gas in my oil..... Why??

driftlifeJDM
08-24-2011, 02:40 PM
car is a 89 s13 hatch with ka24de swap car was running. removed intake mani to replace coolant hose and gasket and this came after i built it back up.
my car turns on but idles really bad it wont stay on we me not barely pressing the gas.. if i turn the car over the engine gets flooded with gas to where there is a lot of gas in the oil and wont turn on. but if i remove the fuel pump fuse it will turn on and stay on for a while. also the last to pistons close to the fire wall aren't firing properly, when i removed the plugs all were a bit burnt except for 3-4 they were a bit burnt but soaked in gas. my EGI relay buzzes when i turn the key to off position. the injectors don't have the plastic bottom piece that goes on the bottom tip of the spray side. could that have anything to do with it?
im changing out my injector o rings, possibly injectors, checking my timing,
checking the harness from engine to ecu,

Alot of forums talking about the same issue but no one posts what happens at the end. so sorry if youve seen these questions being asked before.

rebornS14
08-24-2011, 03:04 PM
i had a simular situation in my s13 before. i sent in my injectors to get cleaned and i didnt know but i was supposed to undo the gas cap when the injectors were out or fuel seeps into the engine. (dont ask me how) so yea when i got the injectors back and tried to start the car, it wouldnt run for long. just die after a couple seconds.

i called a mechanic friend and told him the situation and he told me that i had to undo the gas filler cap and to check my oil. when i took out my dipstick to check the oil, fuel mixed with oil gushed out. like almost all of it. it was a mess. i guess it got pressurized from trying to crank.

i flushed out the oil a couple times and since then its been good. i dont know if my situation helps but maybe it'll give you some ideas towards the right direction.

driftlifeJDM
08-24-2011, 03:09 PM
yeah im checking the injectors and taking out all the oil, its not alot of gas to were it gushing or anything but theres is gas in there. im thinking i just have a leaky injector and bad o rings hopefully! what has me stumped right now is why my EGI relay buzzes after i crank the engine and put the key in off position. stops buzzing when i put in on ON position

dsc4130
08-24-2011, 03:14 PM
you either have a stuck injector but most likely you just have bad o-rings on the injectors. change those and you oil asap and you should be good

driftlifeJDM
08-24-2011, 03:25 PM
yeah ill be doing that this week hopefully its that. ill let you guys know what happens..

ichihachizero
08-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Leaky injector, timing could be off 180degrees too

I had both.. I have the worst luckwith engines I get lol

But don't continue to start it, I tried driving and I cracked a piston where the rings are seated.

RCCC_DRiFteR
08-30-2011, 07:36 PM
In theory can't the gas thin out the oil? Which could lead to bigger problems

dreamin240sx
08-31-2011, 12:14 PM

ya thats why everyones telling him to change his oil:facepalm:

R@ddy
08-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Check and make sure you're PVC valve is still in good working condition. Might be stuck open

ILoveJDM
08-31-2011, 03:30 PM

yep

bearing failure for one

also: i had a leaking "crankshaft" bolt oring seal on my fd..replaced it with a new one, still leaked into the main pully. turns out the oil was so thin with fuel it leaked past the seal.

changed the oil and it stopped leaking. the old oil had the consistency of water at this point

Walperstyle
09-02-2011, 02:22 AM
before you do anything, try a compression check. Perhaps check your timing too.

!Zar!
09-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Gas could be seeping past the piston rings I would imagine.

driftlifeJDM
09-21-2011, 06:49 PM
i havent really had time to check my car guys sorry .. but today i was out there..i live in tucson az so its freaking hot outside.. i turned on my the car today after i replaced the o rings and the injectors( i got em cheap ) and the car actually revs abit now. but still feels weak. kinda like wene your maf sensor is disconected. i removed almost all emissions except for egr valve. question is can i connect the fpr, swirl control valve and egr to the same vacume port coming from the side of the intake mani next to the brake booster line. and plug every thing else.??

driftlifeJDM
10-06-2011, 12:46 PM
alrght so heres an update on my situation..

after replacing the injectors, orings, fpr, changed the oil, the car felt way better still a bit rich though. so i figured since there was gas coming out of my exhaust my o2 sensor should be toast, so should my cat. so i went ahead replaced the water temp sensor, o2 sensor and the car felt really good to where it would idle by itself. ( no more having to rev it and run to the thrttlebody before the engine stalled hahaha.. yes! took me a while to get fast enough) engine felt really strong for a few seconds then started to smoke a bit. its oil smoke with a bit of rich smoke. im thinking my vacume setup didnt work.. but the car is not flooding the engine with gas anymore. any ideas why it could be smoking.?? compression test showed 165 on all 4. its a bit low i know but i dought it would cause that much smoke.