PDA

View Full Version : Running lean! Help please

xpinoyxmk
08-22-2011, 03:22 AM
Ok short story, went for a drive, afr were near perfect(idle and driving), after drive let the car cool down for a couple of minutes, and shut her off. When i started her back up, it was running really lean, like 17 afr lean at idle. Got in Nistune, adjusted k constant and got my afr in the 14.7-15 range at idle. Decided to head home. Immediately noticed that as soon as i applied throttle, my afr would go lean 15-17 range, just bouncing around. When i got in boost, afr would start to drop but when i reached full boost, it would rise back up to the high 14 range.

Got home, researched everything that i could think of. Decided to change fuel filter, spark plugs, did a quick inspection of hoses basically anywhere i could think of where i could have a vacuum leak, then sprayed carb cleaner to confirm no vacuum leaks.

Car still ran the same. Idle afr were good at first but after i would drive, the afr would drop to the 13s at idle, Driving afr were still the same though.

Decided to redo my fuel pump wiring. Soldered everything this time. Still the problem exists.

Setup is:
ka-t
s14 t28
sr 370cc
isis fpr
walbro 255
nistune

I'm thinking it could be the fpr or fuel pump but both have less than 500 miles on them. Got the fpr and walbro from Enjuku, told Ken about it and he said they would replace one or both but if that didnt fix the issue, then i would be paying out of my pocket for the parts he sent me.

Any idea's? Dont like driving like this.