PDA

View Full Version : porblems with my motor... please help

xx240madnessxx
08-17-2011, 08:46 AM
alright. i have an 89 240 hatch with a 92 dohc motor. i seem to be having some type of problem that i cannot figure out.

ok to start, it idles different every time i drive it. start up is usually around 1300-2000 rpm's. after it runs for a little while it will sit around 1000-1200 rpm's. put an aem intake on it cause the stock plastic one was cracked... fixed it a little. but still idles pretty high. too high for my liking.

and now, whenever i push the car a little, say at the track, ill run maybe 3 laps at a 1/5 mile circle track, and the car will start running like shit. by that i mean that ill step on the gas, it will hit 2500 rpm's then its like the fuel gets cut to the motor. sometimes it does it on the freeway as well, when i drive for more then 20 minutes. ill be driving, ill accelerate to pass, and the fuel will cut over and over again, slowly accelerating.

the problem is really taking a toll on my liking for this car seeing as its my everyday driver. this winter im dropping a rb25det in it so it doesnt matter too much, its just that right now its my daily driver and i cant have the car break down on me.

has anyone had any similar problems? or does anyone have a clue what it could be thats causing the fuel cut. im pretty mechanicly inclined. so any problem that i have i can usually fix easily. this problem i cant seem to even figure out.

if it helps at all... check engine light does not come on durring start up. doubt it has anything to do with it, but that problem wont let me scan the damn thing!

someone please point me in the right direction.