PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET Compressor Surge HELP!

JDMxJosh
08-16-2011, 08:14 PM
When i unplug my waste gate, my BOV runs fine, blows off every time, even in low RPMs, no compressor surge, and it sounds exactly like an HKS BOV.

When i plug my waste gate, my BOV doesn't always work, its nothing but compressor surge, and i'd have to run it a few times to get the BOV to work, and it'd only work in high RPMs, and when it does BOV, the HKS doesn't sound right. But when its unplugged, sounds exactly like an HKS BOV.

thanks for your time.

JDMxJosh
08-17-2011, 06:24 PM
bump msg length

Sileighty_85
08-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Most ppl give the BOV it own Vac Source

EDIT: In a sense the W/G kinda holds air pressure so when you let off its not pulling a strong enough Vac to open the BOV

Def
08-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Weak vac source. Sounds like they're both on the same circuit. Make sure you have a dedicated line for both the WG and the BOV.

Plus HKS BOVs just like to make a ton of compressor surge anyway, especially at light load. Go with a bypass valve.

Kzoodan
07-22-2012, 07:56 PM
I am sorry to bring up old thread, but did this every get solved? JDMxJosh did you every figure out what was wrong or atleast how did you fix this? This seems to be very close to the problem i am having with my HKS BOV
thanks
Dan