PDA

View Full Version : Tie rods...

IvanS13
11-18-2003, 11:58 AM
My car handles unpredictably when changing lanes, "klunks" on occasion when making tight turns and pulls sharply/quickly to the left a little when I hit the brakes.

Looking at PDM Racing's website, they suggest replacing the T/C Rod Bushings. What is the difference between inner and outer tie rods, and tie rods ends as well?

Any suggestion on brands, JIC, Kazama, or Tein (I am guessing they are all relatively the same) and what I need to get, considering I want to replace both inner and outer? Do these products come with the bushings as well?

Thanks a bunch.
Ivan

IvanS13
11-18-2003, 01:58 PM
Sorry... one more things, are these parts compatable with the Z32 brake upgrade? I am considering getting the brake upgrade sometime in the spring.

Dousan_PG
11-18-2003, 02:00 PM
all the answers await you....

IN

THE

SEARCH

BUTTON

IvanS13
11-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by dousan36
all the answers await you....

IN

THE

SEARCH

BUTTON

I tried searching... couldn't really find anything information that exactly answered my questions, mabye I just suck. BTW, just because I am a newbie on this forum doesnt mean I dont see the big red search button up there.

Dousan_PG
11-18-2003, 02:15 PM
then you suck

cuz i have done HUGE writeups on tie rods/ends and the types adn brands and little comparisons here and there.

as far as tie rods and z brakes

here's a tip

jack up your car, take your wheel off and look at yoru suspension.
its not rocket science.

IvanS13
11-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Thanks for your help... why is it once people hit over 5000 posts on a board they feel like they have the right to be jackasses :hammer: I am sure you are a smart and helpfull guy, but your reply to my original post wasnt all that productive.

Dousan_PG
11-18-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by IvanS13
Thanks for your help... why is it once people hit over 5000 posts on a board they feel like they have the right to be jackasses :hammer:

dood you really are dumb
SEARCH MODE HOLDS ALL YOUR ANSWERS

tein/jic/kazama/moog/etc all compared
z upgrade compared/explained written up

how to change tie rods and ends written up!

what are tc rods and how they work what they do and how to replace adn what brands.. ALL THERE

learn to search and stop being a stupid newbie looking for handouts.

and why the hell is this in motorsports forum?!

edit: oh and its over 7K posts ;) :bow:

IvanS13
11-18-2003, 02:25 PM
and why the hell is this in motorsports forum?!

I figured people who are in involved in motorsports would probably have more experience with these 'race' products than the any other forum. O, and the guidelines outlined for this forum are, "Questions that involve topics such as: suspension setups, tire choice, wheel choice, brake upgrades, weight reductions, etc. are all permissible"

edit: oh and its over 7K posts ;) :bow:

OK... I'm sorry, I didnt know that made you the man and gave you the right to ruin someones thread instead of being helpful. You DIDNT have to respond and say, "search!" Yea, I understand that :hammer: I tried.

Dousan_PG
11-18-2003, 02:29 PM
OK... you are the man and can ruin someones thread instead of being helpful. You DIDNT have to respond and say, "search!" Yea, I understand that :hammer:

just use the search mode. serach tie rod and put dousan36 in the username box and i guarantee you'll not only get your answer but writeups and pictures of it on my car (z brakes, tie rods, ends and tc rods and whatever else floats your boat)

i did a few writeups on it in the past already

IvanS13
11-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Thanks man, your threads are VERY informative about the front suspension :D Below are the threads that helped me out incase anyone else cant find the info...

Thread One (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30388&highlight=tie+rod)
Thread Two (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25528&highlight=tie+rod)

BeatJunky
11-19-2003, 01:53 AM
why is it once people hit over 5000 posts on a board they feel like they have the right to be jackasses :hammer:

I dont have over 5,000 posts...:hahano:

Why does every n00b that does make n00bish questions feel so violated when others reply sarcastically about searching...Weird...:confused:

IvanS13
11-19-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by BeatJunky
I dont have over 5,000 posts...:hahano:

Why does every n00b that does make n00bish questions feel so violated when others reply sarcastically about searching...Weird...:confused:

Because its f*cking annoying... it happens on every forum, I just dont understand why people have to reply if they are not going to give any help :o

Dousan_PG
11-19-2003, 08:49 AM
Because its f*cking annoying... it happens on every forum, I just dont understand why people have to reply if they are not going to give any help :o

Because its f*cking annoying... it happens on every forum, I just dont understand why people have to post when they are not even trying to search!

Fastback180
12-08-2003, 03:37 PM
I figured people who are in involved in motorsports would probably have more experience with these 'race' products than the any other forum.

Real racers use the SEARCH button.

BeatJunky
12-08-2003, 03:46 PM
Because its f*cking annoying... it happens on every forum, I just dont understand why people have to post when they are not even trying to search!

I was soo gonna reply the same way! :D

Originally posted by Fastback180
Real racers use the SEARCH button.

ROFL!