PDA

View Full Version : Afr's lean after cruise.... Help!

xpinoyxmk
08-15-2011, 01:45 AM
So yesterday i went cruising with some of my boys to some spots to take pics.

Before we headed out i decided to change my set my injectors to the right size in Nistune from 270 to 370. Was still running the stock ka tune. Got afr's in a good range(14.7-15.1) at idle and cruising and in boost around 11-12, sometimes high 10s.

Setup is:
stock bottom end w/ 196k
arp head studs
felpro headgasket
refreshened head
s13 cams
s14 t28, stock boost
isis v2 mani
370cc sr injectors
isis fpr
walbro 255
cxracing intercooler, no bov
3in downpipe
reinhard exhaust
Nistune
Lc-1

Anyways, we went cruising around for about 30min, decided to do a pull against one of my buddies in his evo, afterwards still cruising. We stopped at a gas station to let some people catch up that had gotten left behind. While waiting i let my car run for about 2-3min, then shut her off. When i started her back up, afr's were high 16s-17s, sometimes 18s. Messed with the k constant and got the afr's back in range. Decided to head home. While heading home afr's were all over the place sometimes while crusing could be high 16s or in the 14.7 range. Decided to call it a night when i got home.

Today went outside to do a compression check, and it was a solid 180 on all 4 cylinders. Change spark plugs and fuel filter also. Now i only drove around a little bit and cruising its around 16-17s sometimes in the 14-15s, in boost it drops down to around 12-13s but then goes around 14-15s? wtf? When i go to park, afr's drop to low 13s.

Driving to work tonight. Idling it was good but when i started driving, afr's were high 15s and 16s. When i went in boost, afr's started to go down, lowest to 13's, then went back up to high 14s while at full boost. Seems like im not getting fuel when i start driving. When i got too work and let the car cool down, afr's went to low 13s at idle.

Clueless to what is happening with my car. Was thinking maybe a bad fpr?

Any ideas?

JohnnyDrfiter22
08-15-2011, 02:18 AM
I had this sam exact problem at the track once, come to find out i melted the coupler from the hot pipe to the turbo. But you should check for vaccum leaks. It costs like 20$ to make a DYI leak tester

sebastianwrx
08-15-2011, 02:27 AM
try to clean ur maf ..that happen to me before , do a vacuum leak test

xpinoyxmk
08-15-2011, 02:34 AM
Work on doing a leak test tmrrw.