PDA

View Full Version : ka violent shaking..slow rev..fuel leaking.. please help!

muffler
08-14-2011, 12:08 AM
swapped in a new ka that im 100% sure runs since i drove it before it was pulled.. and i just finished bolting everything up and now i have a list of bad problems
anyways heres whats going on

-wont start/stay on unless i give it gas

-violent shaking at anything under 1500rpms

-when i floor it when its out of gear it sounds like im doing a 4th gear pull going like 20..it takes years to get up to any rpm

-smells like fuel after shutting it off(running rich??)

after i killed it i got out the car and saw it was smoking on the headers and smelled like fuel so what seems like fuel on the headers heres a pic of exactly what it looks like after running it for about 30 seconds at 1500rpm

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p282/mortada4evr/DSC01753.jpg
as u can see the headers are kinda wet

-Brand new o2 sensor kinda helped made it rev just a little bit better
MAF is good
still pretty much same problem..please help!

heres a direct link for picture incase its not working for u
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p282/mortada4evr/DSC01753.jpg

rebornS14
08-14-2011, 12:38 AM
no cannot see. pic is not working

Nkelley
08-14-2011, 12:43 AM
wow if thats fuel thats extremely rich. looks like maybe a stuck injector? if its dumping that much fuel idling and its leaking out of the exhaust mani you could def be in danger of hydrolocking it. i would pull the fuel rail and turn on the car so it primes and make sure none of them are stuck open.

l2edken
08-14-2011, 09:59 AM
is your timing correct? my distributor was installed incorrectly, a quick job with a timing light and it fixed all 3:
-wont start/stay on unless i give it gas

-violent shaking at anything under 1500rpms

-when i floor it when its out of gear it sounds like im doing a 4th gear pull going like 20..it takes years to get up to any rpm

muffler
08-14-2011, 03:58 PM
i considered that but the distributor was never removed so i dont understand how timing could have been messed up

muffler
08-15-2011, 01:14 AM
UPDATE so it turns out cyl.2 is dead and its just shooting out fuel..and plug was wet when i took it out, stuck injector or no spark to that cylinder????

muffler
08-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Incase anyone searches this thread with same problems a new ecu fixed it for me still have that fuel leak tho