PDA

View Full Version : just curious

visitor
08-13-2011, 02:16 PM
just had flat tire today.. with 215/40/18 on 10 wide wheel.
its there any chance to save the tire and fix it? i mean can the repair hold the 60psi installation pressure and 40 psi pressure while driving?

fliprayzin240sx
08-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Only one way to find out...plug it and make sure its hardened in there before you attempt to remount the tire.

sl87
08-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Im not sure if you have an Americas tire company where you live, but they do the best repairs. They use a patch and plug combination and seal the patch. Don't go to some janky shop where they just plug it without taking the tire off, they end up leaking over time. The location where the tire is punctured, it is on a repairable spot. The only problem is the tire and wheel size. They might not work on it due to safety issues. But its worth a shot if you want it done the right way.

nismo240sxkat
08-17-2011, 01:09 AM
just had flat tire today.. with 215/40/18 on 10 wide wheel.
its there any chance to save the tire and fix it? i mean can the repair hold the 60psi installation pressure and 40 psi pressure while driving?

yes it can be fix as long as u didn't run on the tire flat and damage the sidewall. I have done mill of patch and plugs and they hold 60 psi like nothing. make sure y get a patch plug combo. I believe Sams club fixes them for free as long as ur a member.