View Full Version : Oil in intake manifold

sl87
08-08-2011, 08:09 PM
I have ISIS intake manifold. Question:
Does this port behind my intake manifold:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c152/sl87/manifold.jpg

hook up to this port on my valve cover?:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c152/sl87/Valvecover.jpg

Could this be the reason there is oil in my intake manifold? Doesn't seem like there is a lot. The only reason i say that, is because i unscrewed one of the vacuum plugs underneath the manifold and the bolt had a layer of oil. Thanks

c-los13
08-08-2011, 08:34 PM
why hasnt anybody reply to this????????????/
DUDE STOP WHAT YOU DOING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im pretty sure the port on the mani is for the brake booster, the one on the valve cover on the manifold as well, there is gotta be a write up on this, search before you keep driving your car
gl

Sileighty_85
08-08-2011, 08:44 PM
if you actually look at the pic you can see that that hose does not go to that port you can see that it goes along the fire wall.

Its common for oil to build up in the bottom of the IM i think a solution is to install a mini Oil catch can for the PCV valve system

sl87
08-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Behind my intake manifold, there are two ports. One port is connected to the brake booster and one port is connected to my valve cover. When i changed out my intake manifold, i connected the lines like the stock manifold. So that port on my valve cover is supposed to connect to the port behind my intake manifold? I've seen some people put a mini filter there. Is that the proper thing to do?

sl87
08-09-2011, 12:42 AM
I've never seen some one run a catch can on that port and on the t valve on the exhaust side. Although it would make sense, i guess i could put a check valve there. I have a map sensor, boost gauge, and fpr connected to my vacuum sources on my
ISIS manifold and dont want oil in the vacuum hoses, which i found. A mini catch can would be interesting on that port. Anyone done it before??

bb4_96
08-09-2011, 08:15 AM
if you dont want oil in the im you need to research proper catch can/blowby/vc mods. This forum has badass amounts of independent r&d if you're willing to look. If not I'll sell you the links.

sl87
08-09-2011, 04:17 PM
I've been researching about blow by and anything related to it. Did not realize there was so much on this subject. I retract my questions on this thread, i have gained the knowledge to know what to do now. Hopefully...lol

rat240
08-09-2011, 04:31 PM
This forum has badass amounts of independent r&d if you're willing to look. If not I'll sell you the links.
seriously dude

bb4_96
08-09-2011, 09:09 PM
I've been researching about blow by and anything related to it. Did not realize there was so much on this subject. I retract my questions on this thread, i have gained the knowledge to know what to do now. Hopefully...lol

atta boy!!