PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak?

syrupninja
11-15-2003, 03:58 PM
Ok, so I've got an s13 with about 120k on the odo. It sat for about a year before I rescued it, and now it's leaking oil from somewhere. Only problem is I can't figure out where. The leak is so gradual and slow that I can't find it. There's fresh oil all over the underside of my engine and transmission, and quite a bit caked on from however long it's been going on. It's only on the bottom half of the engine, and it's not coming from the valve cover, and the gasket is good. It's above the oil pan, so it's not that gasket, or drain plug, anyone have any ideas or suggestions what to check next?

F3600
11-15-2003, 08:24 PM
hello its maybe of your head gasket or maybe a seal crank.

check this out and post me

Flybert
11-16-2003, 02:22 AM
Here is how you can find out. If it is above the pan in the front of the engine, it could be your front main seal or your timing chain cover. Stick a finger up behind your front crank pulley and if you feel oil it is the front main seal. You will most likely have a leak in your rear main seal as well but I wouldn't fix that unless you are going to get a new clutch. It can also be your oil pan. In addition, it could be your power steering pump or lines dripping all over the place. Look at the color of the oil to confirm this.

BeteNoir
11-16-2003, 03:48 AM
Similar Thread (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40090)