PDA

View Full Version : synapse BOV.

shinobis13hb
08-03-2011, 12:13 AM
hello.
i was wondering if anyone has exp with synapse BOV? how did they like it?
how you used the anti stall kit on it? does it work well on the sr? (or did the car still die out?)
AND re there any other BOV's that help with anti stall (dyeing after let off) or let you dump into the atmosphere without choking,
im going to be changing the set up on my car and it would be better for me on the cost effective side to make everything without the recirc. that's why i was thinking synapse but i was wondering if i had any other options. thanks is advanced.
s13 blacktop with blitz access ecu.

VATOCLOWN
08-03-2011, 12:22 AM
my boy gots one on his 13b rotory motor works great for him no dying after letting off the gas or anything. just make sure to get the newer one, the one that has 2 ports and not the one with 3 ports. he never used the anti stall kit cause it wasnt needed.

shinobis13hb
08-03-2011, 08:24 PM
bump anyone else?

2.2lsr20dets14
08-04-2011, 07:23 AM
I just installed my Synapse Synchronic BOV and its amazing. I actually had to tun my boost way down. It holds pressure so much better than my Greddy on did. I would highly recommend this bov to anyone no matter the application. I'm running my valve recirculated, but i've heard of alot of people that ran their's open to the atmosphere with the anti stall kit and it ran fine. Just to let you know its not a very loud bov, but when you get the boost up there it get louder. I love it because it reacts so fast and that is important because it shuts faster allowing you to build the boost quicker. I wouldn't go with any other bov out there.

s14unimog
08-04-2011, 08:22 AM
I just installed my Synapse Synchronic BOV and its amazing. I actually had to tun my boost way down. It holds pressure so much better than my Greddy on did. I would highly recommend this bov to anyone no matter the application. I'm running my valve recirculated, but i've heard of alot of people that ran their's open to the atmosphere with the anti stall kit and it ran fine. Just to let you know its not a very loud bov, but when you get the boost up there it get louder. I love it because it reacts so fast and that is important because it shuts faster allowing you to build the boost quicker. I wouldn't go with any other bov out there.

Had to turn the boost down; why? I've had a couple GReddy ones (real ones too - Type RS/S/R) and they're just terrible if you're not recirculating them. I'm currently running a pretty beat HKS SSQV that I've had for a couple years now and love that that I can run it atmospheric release and not have rich issues. I've often wondered about these Synapse ones.

Silverbullet
08-04-2011, 08:43 AM
HKS and Synaps are pull type BOVs. Boost pressure keep it closed so they wont leak.

GReddy and everything else are the opposite.

2.2lsr20dets14
08-04-2011, 11:26 AM
I had a real Greddy type rs bov. I'm actually selling on here. If you go to the Synapse website they have a video of there valve showing how much better it works than the HKS valve. Although the HKS valve is one of the few valves that you can run uncirculated and not have many problems with it running to rich. I'm not hating on any other valves, just stating how much i like the synapse valve.

And yes i have to turn down the boost becuase my old valve didn't hold the pressure as well. Now this new Synapse valves holds so much better that when i actually get in the higher rpms and boost builds i had to turn the boost down to prevent any boost spiking. I have a Greddy boost controller and when i switched bov's i left the settings alone. Then switched valves and i went from boosting 10 lbs to 15lbs. Thats how much better this Synapse valve holds pressure so build more of it quicker.

s14unimog
08-04-2011, 02:13 PM
HKS and Synaps are pull type BOVs. Boost pressure keep it closed so they wont leak.GReddy and everything else are the opposite.

Oh I am well aware of that, its the whole reason I changed to the HKS SSQV from the GReddy plunger type.

I had a real Greddy type rs bov. I'm actually selling on here. If you go to the Synapse website they have a video of there valve showing how much better it works than the HKS valve. Although the HKS valve is one of the few valves that you can run uncirculated and not have many problems with it running to rich. I'm not hating on any other valves, just stating how much i like the synapse valve.

And yes i have to turn down the boost becuase my old valve didn't hold the pressure as well. Now this new Synapse valves holds so much better that when i actually get in the higher rpms and boost builds i had to turn the boost down to prevent any boost spiking. I have a Greddy boost controller and when i switched bov's i left the settings alone. Then switched valves and i went from boosting 10 lbs to 15lbs. Thats how much better this Synapse valve holds pressure so build more of it quicker.

Makes sense, I just didn't get that from your original post. I'll check them out. So you're running recirculated with it?

Goldeneye9mm
08-04-2011, 02:21 PM
had one on my s14. anti stall helps but best way to do it is just recirq it. the bov is amazing by itself though. nearly instant blow off when letting off. never had a single surge. and the guys at synapse are great. the first one i had a screw was crossthreaded in it and kinda came loose but i had a new one overnight. but i got mine like the first year they exsisted so they were still working out bugs.

herbieS13
08-04-2011, 03:00 PM
i love mine, i dont use a anti-stall kit and i vent into the atmosphere but i also use a MAP sensor, i personally havnt noticed any surge on a 2871r or sc3431, and i also have to agree with 2.2lsr20dets14 with how amazingly well they work, ive used an xs rfl, and hks ssqv, but i dont think i could ever goto a different BOV

2.2lsr20dets14
08-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I run mine recirculated right now cause i haven't got this new motor tuned yet, but when it is i'll vent it.

And yes it releases pressure as soon as you let off the throttle even if you are not really in boost yet. It just reacts so fast and smooth. I haven't had any compressor surge since i've gone with this valve.

You really need to check out the video on Synapse website where they test the hks valve on the same test pipe as the Synchronic. The HKS valve doesn't even operate because the Synapse valve reacts so fast.

shinobis13hb
08-04-2011, 06:43 PM
WOW thanks for all the help guys. im pretty sure i will get synapse. but my buddy has a hks for sale for pretty cheap i just dont want rich issues or my car to die when off throttle hah!