PDA

View Full Version : ISIS RS3871 Turbo NEED SOME REVIEWS

c-los13
08-01-2011, 11:08 AM
i called a few places and almost everyone is outta s15 turbos because of the disasters in Japan.
im considering this ISIS RS3871 Turbo since its the next cheapest and looks reliable according to the "200k miles trip of that guy w the ka-t s14"
anybody got any reviews on this turbo????
i have a stock s13 blacktop with basic mods, fmic, 3"exhaust, 3" elbow, my t25 is blown so i need something fast....
ANY OPINIONS????:bite:
the garret one looks awesome but its way to expensive for me right now =(

vas570sx
08-01-2011, 11:14 AM
i run this turbo on my ka-t setup. made 300hp on 10psi with 550 injectors. the 1st one i had smoked a little bit after being run hard after about 5 months, but i called enjuku and they sent me a new one overnighted for free.

i would definitely recommend buying one.

c-los13
08-01-2011, 11:32 AM
so they warranty is legit on these turbos???
thanks for your input
any noticeable lag on the turbo?
enjuku seems to be doing it right with their customer service

Nicelyphe
08-01-2011, 11:34 AM
ISIS RS3871 Turbo - Anarchy Performance (http://www.anarchyperformance.com/cart/product-info.php?isis-rs3871-turbo-pid25.html)

vas570sx
08-01-2011, 11:39 AM
so they warranty is legit on these turbos???
thanks for your input
any noticeable lag on the turbo?
enjuku seems to be doing it right with their customer service

yeah, they are great when it comes to customer service. I made a call when mine started smoking and had a replacement in like 2-3 days. On my KA, i hit full (10psi) boost at about 3200rpms, so for you it may be a couple hundred rpms more.

and they usually come with an adjustable wastegate too

RichieSR20
08-01-2011, 11:40 AM
I had it on my SR and was great for the price. I never had any problems with it.

c-los13
08-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Awesome, one more thing....how would I connect the wastegate actuator to my IC piping??? I looks connected to the turbo itself?are the turbo lines the same?

jamg
08-01-2011, 01:01 PM
get it from enjuku, because their customer service tops all.

c-los13
08-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah enjuku for sure, any sr owners reviews??

codyace
08-01-2011, 03:19 PM
ISIS RS3871 Turbo - Anarchy Performance (http://www.anarchyperformance.com/cart/product-info.php?isis-rs3871-turbo-pid25.html)

Yup, I'll vouch for Tyler, he'll make good on the same warranty as well

vas570sx
08-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Awesome, one more thing....how would I connect the wastegate actuator to my IC piping??? I looks connected to the turbo itself?are the turbo lines the same?

if you have a line on your IC piping, just block it. leave the line from the turbo to the wastegate.

S14DB
08-01-2011, 03:45 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/media-forum-pictures-videos/395623-isis-rs3871-dyno.html

c-los13
08-01-2011, 05:45 PM
This is really good info, what makes me wanna get this turbo the most is the warranty. I'm still not sure who to get it from. I've heard good things from ken but idk the other guy. Also I think I saw an external wastegate on that guys turbo? I thought it had an internal wesgate?????

coupekidz13
08-01-2011, 05:49 PM
He probaly just welded shut the "flap" and took off the actuator and put a real wastegate on instead. Thats what i did to mine. I have a s14 sr20 and i absolutely love this turbo. Full boost (22psi) at 3450rpms and it does not lag one bit. Oh and get it from enjuku.

c-los13
08-01-2011, 07:16 PM
I Would like to know more about that....ummmmm...I'm seeing stock mani with a wastegate welded on it. But that's gettong off subject...I really appreciate all the replies. Hoipe this helps other ppl like me. Ill post my review on this item later

c-los13
08-01-2011, 08:43 PM
i was responding to this on my phone but im finally home....
i really cant wait to purchase this turbo since everybody got good reviews on it
ill try my best to post some pics of how to install it to return the favor to other ppl wondering about this trubo
and again....THANKS!

codyace
08-01-2011, 10:29 PM
I Would like to know more about that....ummmmm...I'm seeing stock mani with a wastegate welded on it. But that's gettong off subject...I really appreciate all the replies. Hoipe this helps other ppl like me. Ill post my review on this item later

http://www.codyace.com/albums/album20/manifolds_06.sized.jpg

http://www.codyace.com/albums/album20/manifolds_01.sized.jpg

Like that? I had them done by a local fab shop to me. PM me if you need more info on it, as I can get you JPC's information.

codyace
08-01-2011, 10:30 PM
i was responding to this on my phone but im finally home....
i really cant wait to purchase this turbo since everybody got good reviews on it
ill try my best to post some pics of how to install it to return the favor to other ppl wondering about this trubo
and again....THANKS!

Just remember it *is* not a namebrand turbo, so it is (to a degree) buy at your own risk. Drag guys have made great power on ebay turbos, however their longevity is suspect.

c-los13
08-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Yeah!! Exactkly like that, I had seen it somewhere else on the forum. And yeah ima have to take the risk, a year warranty seems fair enough since ill give me time to save up and get a better turbo or a new setup. I read a write up that you did on sr's Codyace, extremely helpful, I got that thing bookmarked. Ill send you a pm about the wastegate when I get home.

alexanderig
08-02-2011, 07:12 AM
enjuku is on point when it comes to customer service and i have a friend running this turbo on his miata and it spools quick and hes had no complaints

seeks14
08-02-2011, 09:03 AM
graph out the turbo... Check if.going with that turbo will.even benifit you since u are running a stock sr pretty much..unless ur planning on upgradeinh fuel.n getting a tune.. Make.shure u also map for.a.proper ar for ur turbine depending on what ur planing to do with the sr.. But gl with ur search we

BNASTYs13
08-02-2011, 09:17 AM
just go garrett. you wornt regret it.

vas570sx
08-02-2011, 10:06 AM
^garret may be a more reliable turbo out the gate, but they have NO warranty in the event of failure. Ken at enjuku is a scholar when it comes to warrantying Isis products. Their customer service is bar none. Not only have they overnighted me warranty parts, but they included a shipping label for returning the faulty parts.

c-los13
08-02-2011, 11:54 AM
I called enjuku earlier to find out what would be the total for this swap, the price was very reasonable but he was also saying that I would need a tune or some kinda piggyback, I'm not familiar at how those things work. He also said I should be fine unless If I drive the car nornal but I should get a tune asap. I am on planning on getting a tune but that's after I get injectors and the maf. Kinda pointless right now. Also for the ppl that have thos turbo, how did you guys raise the boost? I had an open t fitting on mine and it had me at 11 lbs but idk about this one. Thanks in advanced. I

c-los13
08-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Sorry about my grammar, I'm still getting used to my new phone :/

codyace
08-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I called enjuku earlier to find out what would be the total for this swap, the price was very reasonable but he was also saying that I would need a tune or some kinda piggyback, I'm not familiar at how those things work. He also said I should be fine unless If I drive the car nornal but I should get a tune asap. I am on planning on getting a tune but that's after I get injectors and the maf. Kinda pointless right now. Also for the ppl that have thos turbo, how did you guys raise the boost? I had an open t fitting on mine and it had me at 11 lbs but idk about this one. Thanks in advanced. I

Oh you're stock yet with fuel....I'd get that stuff before the turbo for sure.

Injectors
MAF
Fuel Pump
Tuned Ecu (Jim Wolf Technology or Enthalpy)

Then get a turbo. If not you're not only severly risking your engine, but you'll never use the turbo to it's potential.

vas570sx
08-02-2011, 12:15 PM
On an SR20det, i would say that you're fine running something around stock boost. Ken is a smart man, but if you leave the boost low, you'll be fine.

When you get injectors and a maf, look into Enthalpy for custom tuning. Email Martin at Enthalpy to see about a tuned ECU for your maf/injector/boost level combo. I'd say with 550cc injectors, z32 maf and about 15psi, that thing should RIP!

I hope i've helped you out with this.

vas570sx
08-02-2011, 12:17 PM

Injectors
MAF
Fuel Pump

Then get a turbo. If not you're not only severly risking your engine, but you'll never use the turbo to it's potential.

I agree about the whole "if you wanna see the turbos potential" thingy, but if he runs a 1/2 bar, he'll be fine till he gets the rest of the parts and a tuned ECU. From there, throw it up to a bar and let her run.

KOME
08-02-2011, 01:15 PM

Injectors
MAF
Fuel Pump

How much PSI for stock internals though?

c-los13
08-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Good question KOME, I currently have a walbro and a nismo type A fpr, I know many ppl run that setup the 550's and z32 maf and put down some decent numbers. I guess ill run stock boost and baby the motor til I get a tune. I really appreciate evrybodys input. I've also heard the if I pass 300hp I should def change my HG so I think ill stay under that.

Bryants95240sx
08-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Good question KOME, I currently have a walbro and a nismo type A fpr, I know many ppl run that setup the 550's and z32 maf and put down some decent numbers. I guess ill run stock boost and baby the motor til I get a tune. I really appreciate evrybodys input. I've also heard the if I pass 300hp I should def change my HG so I think ill stay under that.

Yes. Def go to a metal hg if ur going over 300.

KOME
08-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Sooooooo maybe stay around 7 PSI? It's my DD, as long as i break 200-250 WHP i'll be happy.

Bryants95240sx
08-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Sooooooo maybe stay around 7 PSI? It's my DD, as long as i break 200-250 WHP i'll be happy.

Why this turbo then? Unless you have future plans for more power?

Stock internal are just fine for up to 400whp. Throw a metal hg on and go.

c-los13
08-02-2011, 05:44 PM
I def wanna hit 300wrhp. Ima try my best to order this thang friday when I get paid.

codyace
08-02-2011, 07:17 PM
I agree about the whole "if you wanna see the turbos potential" thingy, but if he runs a 1/2 bar, he'll be fine till he gets the rest of the parts and a tuned ECU. From there, throw it up to a bar and let her run.

All things considered, it's really not worth the time, plus the urge to boost more is always there...I'm a firm believer in getting fuel first, and boost second...risking it because 'it will work' is not something I'd like to risk on a stock ECU car (lets be honest, more people blow their car up making 240-250 whp on stock computers than do at 350-400)

Atop of that, I'd like to see any internal gate vent enough on the 2871r to hold 7 psi. That's another danger to consider.

How much PSI for stock internals though?

Hard to say the power the turbo would make. PSI is irrelevent; power wise is a better measurement (well torque is best but HP is easier to relate). Stock bottom end with a decent tune, 400-500 whp is totally capable. However one tank of shitty gas, or a tune that is hay-wire and it's all over.

Stock T25 would make those power levels.

c-los13
08-02-2011, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=codyace;4180185]All things considered, it's really not worth the time, plus the urge to boost more is always there...I'm a firm believer in getting fuel first, and boost second...risking it because 'it will work' is not something I'd like to risk on a stock ECU car (lets be honest, more people blow their car up making 240-250 whp on stock computers than do at 350-400)

Atop of that, I'd like to see any internal gate vent enough on the 2871r to hold 7 psi. That's another danger to consider.

this part of your post got me a bit confused.....whats this "internal gate" your talking about? like an internal wastegate? or actuator? what is it a danger? (sorry bout my short knowledge when it comes to turbos).....also i wonder what the wastegate actuator is set at on the turbo? and if the hks actuator will bolt on this unit??????? :hide:

blueshark123
08-02-2011, 09:24 PM
get a boost controller to control boost obviously

c-los13
08-02-2011, 09:29 PM
hahah true, never had one like i mentioned before i just had an open T fitting coming outta the wastegate.

KOME
08-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Of fine you guys convinced me to turn my KA into a bomb.

But on the real side, i just wanna stay on the safe side, cause i be po sometaims yah no?

codyace
08-02-2011, 10:06 PM
this part of your post got me a bit confused.....whats this "internal gate" your talking about? like an internal wastegate? or actuator? what is it a danger? (sorry bout my short knowledge when it comes to turbos).....also i wonder what the wastegate actuator is set at on the turbo? and if the hks actuator will bolt on this unit??????? :hide:

The internal gate is the internal built in wastegate that controls boost on it.

HKS wastegates are no better than Garrett OEM ones. With that said, who knows what is on the side of an ISIS one...yet another risk with a knockoff turbocharger. Not my motor ya know?!?!

The actuator may be adjustable on it, but it's hard to say. I know on my personal car that even with it running off the Garrett gate that the car would creep up to 10-12 psi without issue...if that happened on your car you would be having an engine part out party on the highway.

get a boost controller to control boost obviously

Obviously you're wrong. A boost controller extends boost pressure after the wastegate regulates it's base setting. The lowest you can go is determined by the actual wastegate.

Of fine you guys convinced me to turn my KA into a bomb.

But on the real side, i just wanna stay on the safe side, cause i be po sometaims yah no?

Stock KA? 250ish WHP would be safe IMO. Stick a T28 on there, 500cc/555cc injectors, a Z32 maf, and a JWT or ENthalpy rom tune (and the supporting mods) and you'll be good to go.

c-los13
08-02-2011, 10:20 PM
i think i understood what you said

anarchyperf
08-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Yup, I'll vouch for Tyler, he'll make good on the same warranty as well

Thanks Cody. Yes I offer the same warranty on the products.

Any questions just ask

steve shadows
08-04-2011, 03:05 PM
I have been tuning a lot of S15 turbo setups, S14 T28 upgrades, smaller GT2871R and other types of turbos all in this smaller range of upgrades for the SR/CA/KA motors lately on the dyno for customers.

This particular turbo from what I can tell doesn't outdo the S15 turbo at all, not sure if the money is worth it or how much cheaper you can score one of them for, etc. Does anyone have a compressor map for this turbo?

I would be happy to give a more unbiased opinion of the turbo and review it for the applications you guys are thinking about using it for. So far if you are looking for extremely responsive, violent, smooth and consistent 300-335 brake HP, I would suggest the S15 turbo, HKS 264 cams and PFC or EMS tuned on 16 psi or so. Usually I have been turning out a few of these tunes/cars every couple of months. They are S15 turbo on a RedTop with HKS cams and PFC, with FMIC and Exhaust and they do around 275-300 WHP on the dyno dynamics with 91 octane which is comprable to 325-335 WHP on the dynojet. Not bad at all considering the boost comes on hard at 2500 RPMS vs. 3500-4000 RPMS like the 2871R variants. You are definitely giving something up if you go bigger than an S15 turbo and you are specifically looking for tuning for response and low-mid range power...(drifting etc)

c-los13
08-05-2011, 05:29 PM
boost at 2500rpms???????????? thats like a dream come true =)
STEVE SHADOWS :yeah im just aiming for a responsive motor, so you wouldn't recommended this turbo then??? im about to buy please give some last recommendations
im not trynna hit anything over 300 hp for now.

anarchyperf
08-08-2011, 04:56 AM
boost at 2500rpms???????????? thats like a dream come true =)
STEVE SHADOWS :yeah im just aiming for a responsive motor, so you wouldn't recommended this turbo then??? im about to buy please give some last recommendations
im not trynna hit anything over 300 hp for now.

If you want a real responsive engine your best bet is the s15 turbo. The ISIS
3871 hit's full boost around 3800 on my personal setup and is a great bang for the buck mod though.

c-los13
08-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Soooo I finally got the turbo yesterday, togetjer with the turbo lines and the air intake kit, I took a lot of pictures for future references and also some next to the stock t25 to compare them , ill post em up when I get home. Everything looks good, just for future references the turbo does not come with the bolts for the elbow so ill encourage anyone getting some new ones, one more thing, it didn't come w a return line fitting so I tried to use the stock and the bolts DO NOT ALIGN at all. Idk if I should make the holes bigger or what, ima call enjuku later on today to see what they say.

anarchyperf
08-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Soooo I finally got the turbo yesterday, togetjer with the turbo lines and the air intake kit, I took a lot of pictures for future references and also some next to the stock t25 to compare them , ill post em up when I get home. Everything looks good, just for future references the turbo does not come with the bolts for the elbow so ill encourage anyone getting some new ones, one more thing, it didn't come w a return line fitting so I tried to use the stock and the bolts DO NOT ALIGN at all. Idk if I should make the holes bigger or what, ima call enjuku later on today to see what they say.

You need to either order a GT flange or modify the stock one. It's a much more cost effective solution to just modify the stock one. As for the bolts you can reuse the studs on the stock turbo... Believe it or not they come out pretty easy.

c-los13
08-17-2011, 10:30 AM
I was luchky enough to have ordered 4 bolts for my manifold thinking that the ones I had were messed up since I had welded em to the nuts but they look fine so ima use those 4 bolts and reuse 2 of the bolts for the elbow. As for the return line Ima go ahead and make the holes bigger. I haven't had a chance put put everything back but ill do it today for sure.

pandapruitt
08-17-2011, 11:00 AM
im running a rs3871 and i love it! its a good upgrade on a budget

Geno750
08-17-2011, 11:24 AM
I wonder if these are re-branded Kamak turbo's. Same company that makes all the 18g and 20g type turbo's like the Kinugawa ones on ebay.

Kamak's website index (http://www.kamakdynamics.com/)

c-los13
08-19-2011, 08:27 AM
I made the holes on the return line wider and it fit perfect, my only concern is the retun line ends up right on top of the streering rod, I managed to make a hose fit but it looks like it might rub. Other than that everything fitted pretty goo! I had the cut the coupler on the intake side and it looks like I might even have to cut the air intake pipe to make shorter since it barely fits. I have pictures on my phone just haven't had a chance to upload em. Will do soon.

dimick22
08-19-2011, 03:26 PM
I have ran this turbo for 5k + miles.. No problems yet running from stock to 12psi. It is a journal so spool is slow but not too bad. On stock sr about 3500-4k rpm for full boost. For the price you can't go wrong an pulls hard.

c-los13
08-27-2011, 08:48 PM
i know its a been a while and kinda forgot about this thread but here is my review and some pics i took of this turbo.
as almost everybody already mentioned the turbo does hit full boost kinda late, can feel it the first day but after a week is hardly noticeable.
i set the turbo at 7psi and i can honestly say i does feel alot better than a t25 at stock boost, this turbo love to kill high rpms
im really happy w my purchased, the guys at enjuku answered all my questions so that was a plus.
there a guy name ANT that has alot of experience with these turbos so he's the guy youd wanna talk to.
few things to look out for:
1) gotta make the holes on stock return line bigger
2) the elbow weill be a lil pushed back, meaning if you have a 1 piece catback (like me) it wont fit
3) the 90 degree elbow that comes w the turbo wont fit, too big.
4) get braided lines
5) get an oil catch can if you buy the air intake kit since it doesnt have the hole on the intake.
6) get bolts for elbow, same as the manifold to turbo
other than that im really satisfied w this purchased. im just waiting to get injectors and a tune to see the turbos potential at 14 lbs!

:hide:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/karetronco/Edinburg-20110818-00036.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/karetronco/Edinburg-20110815-00020.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/karetronco/Edinburg-20110815-00019.jpg

c-los13
09-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Soooooooooooooooooo my car started smoking again.....i guess the turbo is blown......it had a bit of shaftplay when it came in but i thought it was normal...........it ran awesome for 2 weeks (daily driving), ima call enjuku tuesday, hope to get another one and have better luck =(

caspatar
09-11-2011, 03:34 PM
not to hijack your thread or anything... but I just blew my t25 last night and was considering buying this turbo. I am planning on making somewhere around 300whp on a red top sr20det. I could however get an s15 turbo right now for a little less... will the s15 bolt right up to my mani and work without changing stuff?

S14DB
09-11-2011, 05:43 PM
not to hijack your thread or anything... but I just blew my t25 last night and was considering buying this turbo. I am planning on making somewhere around 300whp on a red top sr20det. I could however get an s15 turbo right now for a little less... will the s15 bolt right up to my mani and work without changing stuff?
It will bolt right up on the exhaust side. The T25 and T28 flanges are different on the compressor side. So you will need clocking adapters if you want to run the T25's on a T28.
http://www.rawbrokerage.com/images/1309885223182-493319070.jpeg

anarchyperf
09-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Soooooooooooooooooo my car started smoking again.....i guess the turbo is blown......it had a bit of shaftplay when it came in but i thought it was normal...........it ran awesome for 2 weeks (daily driving), ima call enjuku tuesday, hope to get another one and have better luck =(

Sorry to hear that man. I've been rocking mine for over a year now daily driving. You should have better luck on the next one.

caspatar
09-13-2011, 10:40 AM
It will bolt right up on the exhaust side. The T25 and T28 flanges are different on the compressor side. So you will need clocking adapters if you want to run the T25's on a T28.
http://www.rawbrokerage.com/images/1309885223182-493319070.jpeg

thanks for the info!

Silviaslider87
09-09-2013, 08:20 PM
My s13 sr stock injectors tune and maf, adjustable fpr, walbro, freddy intake, tubular exhaust mani and 3" turbo back made 269 whp at 10 lbs with this turbo. I only put about 2k miles on it before I sold it though.

Driftwire
10-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Been rocking ISIS turbo for over a year now on my S13 KA-T setup. Runs hard at events and for 3 hours+ seattime a night and no problems yet. 10psi