PDA

View Full Version : sr20 rough idle trouble boosting

Berto62085
07-29-2011, 12:30 AM
I recently have been having rough idling with my sr20 and was hoping someone can let me know if they have an idea on what it could be. I swapped in the motor about 2 months ago and have been just cruising in it trying to break in the new clutch. It's a stock swap with a walbro 255 fuel pump and 3 inch piping from the down pipe back.

Now this past weekend I was driving around and decided to open it up a little to see how it felt. Took off on first gear and it picked up really nice, shift to second gear and when I got to about 4000 rpms the car just lost power like something got disconnected. I pulled over and it sounded normal but when I revved it up and let go of the throttle the rpms dropped like if the car wanted to die out.

I drove the car home shifting like at 2500 rpms, and every time I would come to a stop the rpms would drop really low so I just feathered it a little before stopping and the car would idle normally but I could feel that it wasn't boosting like it did before.

I did a quick check under the hood and it looked normal, nothing looked disconnected. I'm hoping to work on it this weekend and if anyone can give some advise on what it could be I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Berto62085
08-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Can anyone please give me some advice on what the problem could be?

Today I took it for a spin and when I gave it gas it would bog out whenever I hit 3000 rpms.

Could it be the fuel filter? I am currently running the stock fuel filter.

jdm213
08-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Can anyone please give me some advice on what the problem could be?

Today I took it for a spin and when I gave it gas it would bog out whenever I hit 3000 rpms.

Could it be the fuel filter? I am currently running the stock fuel filter.

that shud of been the first thing to replace .... check ur maf and check for boost/vaccum leaks those shud be number 1 to diagnose

ultimateirving
08-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Im thinking ur intercooler piping has come off somewhere. First time really punching w/boost and those things pop off like whitehead on a zit.

HOOCH
08-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Id check fuel filter, check to make sure all ic connections are still good, then check to see what codes the ecu might be throwing

1llest13
08-10-2011, 06:01 PM
just curious what kinda of BOV are you using? a fake one might cause the rpms to drop. it could also be the timing. happened to me

Berto62085
08-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Problem solved. I feel like such an idiot right now. I went to go work on my car, and noticed the piping that connects to the intake manifold got disconnected. I could have sworn I checked it.

Either way I'm still going to change out the fuel filter.

Thank you guys for your help.

OkiDori17
08-10-2011, 10:14 PM
go to autozone or advanced or w/e auto store you like and pick up a z32 fuel filter, theyre really nice =]

ultimateirving
08-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Im thinking ur intercooler piping has come off somewhere. First time really punching w/boost and those things pop off like whitehead on a zit.

Who called it?!?!?!?!?!

mostdopes13
03-08-2013, 01:06 PM
boost and vac leaks are always the first thing to check lol glad you were able to fix it

240sx-pat
03-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Guys I got a quick question my SR seems to be lacking power. I'm think it's because I've got a leak somewhere and the main place right now is from the downpipe to the testpipe I can feel air coming from it when it put my hand near it.

Could this be the cause of my slow ass SR? I mean my boost gage is showing that it's at 7lbs however I'm not feeling shit.