PDA

View Full Version : s14 sr20det, cranks but not starting.

terrence
07-20-2011, 08:53 AM
So basically I've ran out of ideas and need to get this thing started soon. I rebuilt this motor over the last few months and dropped everything in. Double checked my f4-m63 wiring and to the best of my abilities it seems operational. But, I cannot get fuel or spark.

I probed around with the multimeter and the diagnostic section of the fsm and sourced it down to the fuel pump relay. I jumped the relay and the fuel pump came on when the key was put to start. So I got a relay and put it in, still doesn't come on when I turn the key to start.

Pulled the coil pack harness and ignitor, checked continuity to everything and it looks like it should be getting power but it is not. So I assumed again that it was probably just another bad relay, so I replaced it too along with the fuel pump one. Still no spark or fuel when I crank it. Everything is receiving power but it is just not being turned on or working.

I'd hope that all 4 coilpacks and ignitor aren't dead but I have no idea at this point. I had considered it being the ecu but it powers on alright and when the knock sensor was out it shot the right code for it. Now it just shoots the 55 code for data consult (which I don't have). Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jr_ss
07-20-2011, 03:01 PM
If you aren't getting fuel or spark it sounds like an issue with your CAS. If your CAS is not sending signal back to the ECU you will not see spark or fuel. Check your connections and wiring for the CAS. Also check that you've stabbed the CAS correctly for timing.

terrence
07-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Pulled the valve cover to make sure the timing chain was set right. It was.
Re-"stabbed" the CAS as well. When I had it out I could turn it and here shit clicking so I guess that means it works. Check continuity from the CAS to the ecu aswell so everything checks out.

Still bugs me that I can get the fuel pump to work if I take out the relay and just jump the plug for the fuel pump relay. What would be causing that relay to not work, ecu? The relay is brand new.

jr_ss
07-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Your fuel pump relay recieves a signal from the ECU. Find that wire and make sure it's giving the fuel pump power. You should get a 3sec prime when you turn the key to the on position before you crank the car over. If you aren't getting the prime, Id trace the wiring for the ECU signal wire to FP relay. If you aren't it could be that you pinned that wire into the wrong stop.

I had an issue just like this when I first got my swap done, called Yuri and figured it out right away.