PDA

View Full Version : Car does not start after wire loom help!

240sx-pat
07-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Hey guys i need your help this is probally the dumbest shit I've done with my SR I took the harness out and tried to loom it but failed my car won't start now.

I can hear the pump prime when I turn the key all the dash likes are on but it would just crank but does not turn over..which wires do you suggest i look over and see why it isn't turning over I would hate to tear this whole thiing apart so I''m trying to see if anyone is familar with the wiring

timinthehood
07-19-2011, 12:00 PM
do you hear just clicking from your starter? check ground?

240sx-pat
07-19-2011, 12:22 PM
do you hear just clicking from your starter? check ground?

Nah I don't hear any clicking from starter I hear it cranking and the ground was good the car ran fine until I took the harness out. It is something in the harness I'm just not sure were to look

ultramagnus
07-19-2011, 12:55 PM
So fuel pump is ok, how about any other accessories related to ignition you might have unplugged the wire, check w/ test light on the ignition harness see if you have juice going to that side of the car.

conrad_s13.5
07-19-2011, 01:33 PM
u missed a ground somewhere im guessing

how much of the 'harness' did you take out?

240sx-pat
07-19-2011, 04:32 PM
So fuel pump is ok, how about any other accessories related to ignition you might have unplugged the wire, check w/ test light on the ignition harness see if you have juice going to that side of the car.

Yea, the fuel pump is okay, I can hear it prime like it suppose to but I went wrong somewhere. I can check but when you say the ignition harness are you referring to the 2 plugs that connects on each side of the ignitor chip? I because I did depin those plugs so hopefully they lined up like they are suppose to?

fuck if anyone can take photos of their plugs I'd appreciate it just so i can match mine up

240sx-pat
07-19-2011, 04:53 PM
u missed a ground somewhere im guessing

how much of the 'harness' did you take out?

A ground in the harness itself? i only depined a few pins from the harness and just kind of router them through the sleeves. I double check the ECU pins just to make sure all the colors were lined up in the ECU pin..

and I depin and took out some what i thought were unused

like pin 41
A/C on input (Air Con ON from A/C panel)
Blue Green

Power steering switch (speed proportional control output)
Purple White

and this green/yellow wire (I A/C )45

Pin
Ambient air tamp sensor input
Blue White

and

and theres this blue/red skinny wire that is not connecting to anything but it goes to one of the plugs near the injectors

here's a photo

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z359/240SX_Pat/2011-07-19170711.jpg

I don't remember ever having this plug soldered , this is one of the wire that goes to the grey plug that connect to the chassis I just taped it off.

this is the wires/plug that I completely removed

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z359/240SX_Pat/2011-07-19171354.jpg

bb4_96
07-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Take the plugs and coil out of the cylinder and see if it is firing. Get a test light and check your injector plugs. If you shortened wires make sure there aren't any loose ones. Do a pin to pin continuity check on the ecu plug to accessory plugs. The FSM has pinouts for connectors if not google image search for sr20det plugs/pinouts etc and get some of Jordans old crayon pinout sketches.

conrad_s13.5
07-20-2011, 03:35 PM
^yes!

also, triple check for possible missed grounds
im sure u kno u checked, but you never know.

maybe engine needs more ground. Grab jumper cables and ground engine to chassis really quick and try

never know

conrad_s13.5
07-20-2011, 03:38 PM
ecu also has single red(?) wire it needs JUST to start.

Dnt know of the top of my head which ones they are but i have them written down as important...lol
pins:

check em out

240sx-pat
07-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Yea all those pins are good, hey quick question? do all the injectors have the match the harness? or could I plug them in any order. What I'm asking is if FSM say white/black goes into first injector and I plug it in 3 will it matter?

240sx-pat
07-22-2011, 02:57 PM
HAHAHahahahahahahahaHAHahhahaahahahaHAHAHA OHOHOHOHOHOHOOHHOHOHOHOHHHO OHHHHHHHHHHHHHOHOHOH!!!

Okay guys I'd thought I'd come in here and expose myself for being such an idiot. The cas and my plug are both broken so it's hard to tell which way its pluged it. It does not clip well I ended up having this stuff plugged in backwards so that was the problem!! LOL thanks for your help