PDA

View Full Version : HT Stage 1 Kit: ECU Question

SX_Drifter
11-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Heavy Throttle offers a Stage 1 kit for the SR20DET seen here. (http://srswap.com/shopexd.asp?id=451)

It comes with 550cc injectors and a z32 maf along with a big t28. It's run by a custom tuned JWT ECU. Now my problem is the ECU if I change the set up I need to get the ECU reprogrammed.

So I ask with this Stage 1 kit and all it's supporting mods (3" down pipe, test pipe and exhaust, fmic, bov, fuel pump, metal head gasket, turbo extention and a koyo rad and fan kit.) is there any ECU I can run to control this that won't have to be reprogrammed if I change something.

BTW, the car is an s13 240sx.

HiPSI
11-09-2003, 03:01 PM
generally the only time you have to have an ECU reprogrammed is a change in injector size or other electrical based componentry like the MAF or a change in fuel octane. basic mechanical changes won't have a need to reprogram the ECU again because all of your sensors and the ECU will account for any changes. major mechanical upgrades such as a raised/lowered compression motor or huge turbo could also need a retune, but not likely depending on how much of a change you made.

SX_Drifter
11-09-2003, 05:27 PM
What if I want to add one of those Intercooler CO2 sparyers or even some N2O will I need to reprogram the ecu?

Steeles
11-10-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by SX_Drifter
What if I want to add one of those Intercooler CO2 sparyers or even some N2O will I need to reprogram the ecu?

those constitute mechanical changes. so no. MAYBE the nitrous(not the IC sprayer). but if you know what your doing with it you shouldnt HAVE too. JWT programs um pretty rich anyway. and you can always have them redo it.. or Get a Apex'i Power FC and do it yourself.