PDA

View Full Version : Drifting Under the Lights.

gsmith358
07-18-2011, 09:30 AM
We are going to Altus, Aug 27th. I will be paying for the track rental and you will pay for your pit pass. Pit passes are $25 and you will get entry to the event and practice. Gates open at 9AM, Tech is at 9:30AM, Driver meeting at 10:AM and we will be on the track by 10:15AM. We will have the track till 4PM, maybe a little longer. I do need 4-5 cars to stay and be at the track till the intermission. At that time we will do several laps to show the crowd what to expect on Oct 15th.

Guest are welcome with a registered driver. Guest are $5. The only way to see what is going on is from the stands.

You must pre-register for the event. Anyone is welcome to drift. If you have problems let me know. Go to www.frictionmotorsports.com (http://www.frictionmotorsports.com/) to register. We will not be taking entry at the gate. If you name is not on the list you will not get in. This is a closed practice event.

Altus Speedway, Oklahoma, Off HWY 283 and Racetrack RD.

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/gsmith358/FMS-altus-drift-8-27-1.jpg

gsmith358
07-19-2011, 06:17 AM
Ok, we have the day to drift at Altus. You may or may not have to pay for anyone that you bring to the track with you. for sure right now the driver and car are are in. Kids are free and crew members or wives are $5 per person. Sorry not my rules. This may change as I have asked them to allow them in.
The track to be open from 9AM till 4PM. For the most part this is a full day of track time. This way we will not have to split our time with the guys that night. So, this will not be the night time run. Our actual Night time run will be 6-8 weeks after Aug 27th. We will have a paid race at this track in early Nov. End of season race for cash.
The other reason is that some drivers have never drifted in these types of conditions. That is one reason for the track time and I am giving you the lowest cost possible to drift on a real track.
Take advantage of this, Blu Energy Drinks is will to start helping if this is what they think it is, I already know it is. I have seen what you guys are capable of. I talked with Kenda about coming out to an event. They said, " we are not seeing any sales and we will not put money in something that is not making money". This is only good business and I don't blame them. This is what makes getting big sponsors so hard. We are on the verge of making Oklahoma Drifting as big as any other place. But, if we don't use our sponsors they will leave. So, with that said, I am going to take part of the prize money for each race and purchase gift certificates from our sponsors. Most of the prize will be cash but some of it will be from our sponsors.
You are welcome to stay for the races that night and show off your cars. People at this race have only seen drifting online and will be at our race. So we want the biggest turnout that we can get now and generate a lot of attention before our race night. I will post information as I get it on Friction's Facebook.

BoostSlideWayz
07-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Ha, is that GT5 tsukuba circuit ? ha i guess you can make some neat flyers from the pics.. cool. wish i could go.

Driftius_Maximus
07-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Hey Gary, I heard the date for the event has changed to September. Is that correct and if so what happened? Someone throw a fit about what you already had set up?

gsmith358
07-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Hey Gary, I heard the date for the event has changed to September. Is that correct and if so what happened? Someone throw a fit about what you already had set up?

No, the date is still Aug. 27th. This will be a practice day for the drift event we are having in Oct. The track will be open from 9AM till 4PM for practice. Then some of the drivers will stay and provide an intermission drifting show for the crowd. At the intermission they will announce the date of the paid event in October.

In Oct. the event will have cash prizes for the top 4-8 drivers of the event. The Oct. is where we will be doing the night time drifting.

You can get first hand updates at our facebook. Friction Motor Sports. (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#%21/pages/Friction-Motor-Sports/205398616147484)

gsmith358
08-16-2011, 09:47 AM
11 days till the event. If you have any issues with registration contact me at [email protected]

gsmith358
08-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Only 3 days till the event. Are you going?