PDA

View Full Version : S13 front lip/spoiler

Will fastback SE
11-09-2003, 04:17 AM
Doesn't the front lip/spoiler for the USDM 89-90 240sx fit the 91-
94? I know that the bumpers are different but we are only talking
about the little lower lip here. Plus, I have heard of this being
done before and that it looks prety nice. Does it fit perfectly and
easily or is there some customization required?

Forgive me if this post was already brought up in the past.

mrmephistopheles
11-09-2003, 04:47 AM
yes x11ty billion
if you can't make the brackets work, zipties do the trick too
go to the picture thread and find a pic of my car or dousan36's car.

240Driver39
11-09-2003, 05:47 AM
[u say] where can i get one?

well u could look in ur local yards, or spend 5 thousandbillion and buy one off someone

:p

Legacy
11-09-2003, 03:34 PM
These kinda show the lip:
http://www.team-legacy.org/Day_3.jpg
http://www.team-legacy.org/Day_6.jpg

For some reason it never seems to show up in picture for me. Doesn't matter if it's sunny or dark. Oh well.

The lip can probably be found on this message board in the classifieds, or any other S-chassis Message board. I see people sell them anywhere from 35-100, but I'd expect to pay about $75 on average. I hear some people use the mounting hardware, I just threw mine into the corner of the garage and used zipties. Zip ties are fast and easy, and also allow you to secure the lip in more places. You have to drill holes to use the mounting hardware anyway, why not just drill a bunch of smaller ones instead. The other positive about the zip ties is that the lip is more flexable. You're gonna scrape it on everything, I did even when my car was at stock height. If you hit the lip on anything, it'll just flex without stressing your front bumper too much.

Anyway,
Happy Hunting.

KiDyNomiTe
11-09-2003, 04:06 PM
Nice car legacy. And ya, just search junkyards and boards. Its rediculous how much this thing goes for, but it takes a licking and keeps on tickin.

I got one from a junker a while back but gave it to a friend, and its easy install. Most people just spray it black. You could have it color matched, or your could sand it and all that junk, but its only gonna keep scraping things.

Zip ties work best. I believe we drilled a hole on the bumper forget if it was cuz there were no holes, or if it was cuz it fit better using the hole we drilled, but a few zip ties and it will hold fine.