PDA

View Full Version : Stock shifter box stuck to the tranny

jakez
07-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Trying to install this b&m short shifter on my s13, got all 6 bolts out from the interior, thought this was gonna be a cakewalk but of course not. The damn gasket and everything is stuck like hell together, tried prying it loose with bars and screwdrivers from the interior and no luck + bent the center console shit a lot, so I threw the car on stands and tried banging it loose with a screwdriver and mallet, still no damn luck.

Anyone else have this problem? I watched an install video and the guys shifter practically fell loose after loosening those 2 hard to reach bolts, my shit seems like it's welded together or some shit! My friend says he'll help me drop the tranny tomorrow to get at it better, drop a damn transmission to install a short shifter? This is BULLSHIT! :/

TheRealSy90
07-15-2011, 11:27 PM
You need to hit it with a rubber mallet. Hard.

jakez
07-15-2011, 11:58 PM
Tried that lol, pissed me off. But nevermind I got it, I wedged some pliers between the plate lip and car jack and jacked that bitch up until it busted loose lol. So happy but so pissed at that damn plate at the same time, I think I might just chuck the old shifter as far as possible into a lake for mental healing lol.