PDA

View Full Version : Internal Wastegate Question/Controlling Boost

blacknblue
07-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Im having trouble finding the information I need on my internal wastegate. I wasn't really sure what i was supposed to do to make it work but I found this picture:

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/202687722/Turbocharger_T3_T4_internal_Wastegate.jpg

I'm assuming that this is what you do to set it up if you have no sort of boost controller and that running it this way will be running off w/e spring is already in the internal wastegate.

Now I have an AEM EMS so i was wondering how do i set it up so I can control boost with the EMS and internal wastegate? (or if that is even possible?)

chituntang
07-15-2011, 01:00 AM
All internal gated turbo have similar setup like the turbo above, using a boost controller or not.

To use the EMS boost control, you need the boost solenoid. It is just like using an aftermarket boost controller but using the ems to control the boost, rather than using another brain like other electronic boost controllers.

Kingtal0n
07-16-2011, 05:45 PM
The AEM has a very good boost controlling software, HOWEVER, it takes a very good tuner to know how to properly use it. If you do not know the AEM inside and out I would recommend you just utilize a regular boost controller that is easy to use, such as the type-s greddy.

!Zar!
07-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Doesn't AEM ems randomly drop their tunes (mid run)... Or so I've heard.