PDA

View Full Version : sr20det locked up leaky injector HELP!!

95zenkisr20
07-12-2011, 03:50 PM
so today i picked my car up from paint and had to bump start to get home because starter was bad. noticed it was running bad or bogging after i got up to speed it was fine. found out it was a leaky injector very leaky poured half gallon of gas in intake manifold and in cyinders 2 and 3 so i drained the oil took allll the gas out and now it seem like my motor is seized up cannot budge it at all a breaker bar on crank pully didnt work trying to push it and bump start didnt work (key off of course) and the rotating assembly just wont budge. even poured oil down the cylinders to loosen them up nothing it is stuck any help is much appreciated

JDMRIDDAZ
07-12-2011, 03:52 PM
try turning both ways tho
this happened to me and i did the same cleaned all gas out and she was fine

Sileighty_85
07-12-2011, 04:10 PM
its out of gear right? lol

brndck
07-12-2011, 04:36 PM
if you hydrolocked the engine and bent a conrod, time for new engine.
like the other guy said, try turning it both directions, with spark plugs removed.

95zenkisr20
07-12-2011, 05:02 PM
did all that already wont budge i drove it home and shut it off and then found out it was leaking gas then i took all the gas out and now it wont budge

brndck
07-12-2011, 05:15 PM
sounds like you bent a conrod.
or ate a valve.
something is mechanically binding, preventing the engine from rotating.
time for new engine.

95zenkisr20
07-12-2011, 07:09 PM
how is that possible i drove it home perfectly fine running on the highway and then i try to start again and nothing? locked up? something isnt adding up

KaminaSan
07-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Well first off, you can't diagnose it with "Bump Starting".

Stop being a cheapass and get a new starter. If I'm not mistaken, the number one issue that flooding an engine causes is a bent rod. If you were leaking shittons of gas, that is very possible.

However you seem to be the type who would rather 'bump start' their car, causing it to start with 0 oil pressure, rather than spend 50 bucks and get a working starter.

Did you know this injector was leaking?

95zenkisr20
07-12-2011, 11:24 PM
the starter is BRAND NEW actually just got it today from fr sport and i just found out about the leaking problem when i got it back home from paint because i was wondering why the car would bog and such and then when i went to go try to start it again to diagnose ....Locked up then after having the key on i started to notice gas pouting out a breather on the Throttle body

95zenkisr20
07-12-2011, 11:25 PM
its out of gear right? Lol

......... -_-

Kingtal0n
07-13-2011, 06:33 PM
If a cylinder fills with gas and you turn the engine over, like someone said already, it can bend the parts inside the engine, and lock the engine. If all the spark plugs are out, and the engine will not turn in any direction, something is probably bent inside.