PDA

View Full Version : sr20det idle issue

bogan
07-10-2011, 04:02 AM
hay all been having idle issues. i got a video of the issue ive been trying to resolve the issue on other sites but they take to long to reply.

1st video
wont embed for some reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93pSJNZzNY8&NR=1

So far I've sprayed some tb cleaner into the iacv , I've cleaned the z32 afm , I've checked all vaccum lines for leaks before the throttle body

i then d/c the iacv electrical plug then i took this video with how it was idling with the plug off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubga-eSXyjI

i then blocked the pcv valve with the iacv unplugged. the car still ran but only just.

so now here i am. please keep in mind my sr is far from stock i have the following mods. i am aware my car wont idle perfect with bigger camshafts

Power fc
550cc injectors
sard fuel regulator
garrett 3071r turbo
hks camgears
hks valve springs
hks step 2 264 duration camshafts
cp forged pistons 86.5mm
bore size 86.58mm
heavy duty clutch
fmic
oil cooler
relocated oil filter

Sileighty_85
07-10-2011, 10:49 AM
You Vac is horrible, you got a huge leak somewhere.

Banana_Cute
07-10-2011, 12:25 PM
^^^yea. check all hoses for cracks or kinks.

Maybe completely clean your TB and IACV by removing them and giving them a good scrubbing.

s14unimog
07-10-2011, 12:54 PM
sounds like you might have air in the IACV coolant passages.. . The idle will surge like that if you don't get that out. It's especially easy to do if you're using a Greddy style intake manifold. Try bleeding the coolant from one of those lines. But definitely pressure test the charge system, there seems like there is a leak somewhere.

bogan
07-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Ok if that fails what else should I try

bogan
07-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Failed , no air in system

EDacIouSX
07-11-2011, 03:22 PM
i cant really watch vids @ work... i fixed my idle problem over the weekend with some ground wires... I suspect though my idle issue is different from yours, mine was intermittent.

bogan
07-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Yea mine is a continuous bad idle is say it will have to be a vaccum leak

bogan
07-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Ok update , pulled manifold off checked every line all ok , changed gaskets and cleaned the iacv tested it while it was off as well seemed to work fine , idle problem is still there but in saying that it was idling bad then I opened my drivers door and the idle went good then I closed the door again idle went bad , electrical issue maybe ?