PDA

View Full Version : s13 shifter assembly need help!

zefizsilvia
07-07-2011, 01:59 PM
I recently bough a trans from someone for my s13. installed it to my car and everything fine except for the shifter assembly. i have the little wavy ring that goes to the bottom and the plastic bushing that goes on the end if the shifter that fits into the gear box and i have the plastic piece that has 2 studs in which the shifter fits into. it all goes in well except i have.this c clip or snap ring w.e. its called that goes in after everything and is suppose to hold it all down. well its too small so it doesnt stay in place nor does it hold everything in. and this shifter came out of the trans that was in my hatch to begin with but i.took that one out cus it was trashed. anyways can anyone help me am i mising something or is it in the wrong order? the attached pictures show what i have. and the 2 c clips that i have.

Tokona-x
07-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Ive had this problem before what i did was i spread the c clip out, for some reason sometimes when you compress it to take it out it doesn't seem to spring back and just stays a little compressed .....i just stuck it on the vise and pulled on it a little and it held everything perfect after that

zefizsilvia
07-07-2011, 09:36 PM
thanks dude i put it in the vise bent it came out crooked but holds everything in haha. thanks

Tokona-x
07-07-2011, 09:43 PM
thanks dude i put it in the vise bent it came out crooked but holds everything in haha. thanks

Awsome glad i could help! O and sometimes you can tap it with a hammer to straighten it back out but if it holds then your good