PDA

View Full Version : Fuel system cleaning

FishHeadRacing3
07-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Is it a good or bad idea to clean out the ka with fuel system cleaning through the vaccumm booster? I want to do it bcuz it does help a little but what is your guys opinion?

Om1kron
07-06-2011, 04:23 PM
why would you put any liquid in the vacuum booster, throw a bottle of injector cleaner in your tank if you want to clean the fuel system. Or replace all hoses if you want to clear up flow. Even better yet you can buy a new fuel filter aaaand replace all of those lines. But don't put liquid in a vacuum area of the car.

1r1
07-06-2011, 07:39 PM
depends on your money. I personally would go with replacing lines with braided hoses as well as new parts filters/pump/injectors/fittings. I"m not a big fan of the additive cleaners especially on these vehicles with high miles. Even if you use that stuff the injectors will not give an even pattern.

Brentbohn
07-10-2011, 06:14 PM
what the op was talking about is using a carbon cleaner like sea foam and yes you do add it to the vacuum hose connected to the brake booster.

Start it up, let it get up to temp, pull the line off, and SLOWLY allow it to slurp up the sea foam till half of can is gone, then push tube in bottle and let it kill motor with the chugging of remaining sea foam. let sit minimum 8 hrs and start the car hold the gas to the floor and watch your exhaust flog out the street..... will be a pain to keep running till it is all burned out, can cause catalyst damage if done excessively

this is how you clean the inside of your intake manifold IE the cast part, the back side of the valves and intake ports of the head. The other people posting either have no clue or are mislead.

I was a cadillac tech for years and with the amount of carbon build up the northstars had it would be an every 30k routine job. Now take into consideration there is not a 240sx out there than hasnt seen full throttle enough to negate doing any of this.

Only warning I will give about this procedure is if your valves are shitty, your intake leaks and again DEFINITION OF INTAKE MANIFOLD ISNT THE FUCKING PIPE GOING TO AIR CLEANER! or your motor is generally just beat to hell this WILL MAKE THINGS WORSE. It loosens up all the gunk and attempts to allow it to be burned.

SIDE NOTE: if your doing this, dont stop there, get a tooth brush, and carb cleaner and give your throttle body butterfly a good douche hold it open and get both sides of plate. be care full using fuel cleaner in tank, may free up crud and plug the pump/filter or injector.