PDA

View Full Version : Iacv

FishHeadRacing3
07-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Where is the iacv located on the ka engine? I know its back by the 4th cylinder but exactly where is it? and also if i remove it so that i can clean it and reinstall it without using silicone grease on the seal will anything seriously bad happen? having trouble with high idle so i need to do everything i can to try and solve the problem thank you.

c-los13
07-04-2011, 06:41 PM
between the lower and upper part of the intake manifold, if you planning on taking it off, buy the gasket for it because its most likely gonna tear

FishHeadRacing3
07-04-2011, 06:48 PM
alright thank you. im just going to clean the throttle body for now and then take apart the iacv after i buy the gasket for it.

FishHeadRacing3
07-04-2011, 08:27 PM
ok would it be safe to say that the iacv is functioning properly if...with the engine running the idles were high and as i adjusted the iacv they went higher and as i turned the iacv the opposite direction the rps dropped down?? the car originally idled at like 3 grand but i just got it down to around 1500 to 2000. any suggestions on where to look next for this high idle problem?

c-los13
07-05-2011, 10:32 AM
a common one is the throttle body staying open, as simple as it sounds some ppl miss it
what year is the car? do you have all the emissions components?? vacuums and all that crap?