PDA

View Full Version : SR MAF or SOHC MAF???

Muzzy
11-03-2003, 09:38 PM
ok this is a MAF i saw on a black top SR. it has black and white wires and looks as if it only has 2 wires....

Muzzy
11-03-2003, 09:42 PM
ok and this is the MAF that came with my motor set (blacktop)
....is that from an SOHC or SR.
reason why i want to know is so i know how to wire it.
i looked all through the harness and didnt find the orange and white wires but i did find cut wires that are black and white like the other pic.

240_keyy
11-03-2003, 09:46 PM
hmmmmm, that MAF looks a lot like an intercooler....

:D

the first pic you posted has a different plug than the one that came on my blacktop SR MAF. Mine has three wires, not two, however, the SOHC MAF only has two wires so I suppose that one in the first pic you posted is a SOHC MAF on a blacktop.

Muzzy
11-03-2003, 09:49 PM
yea i took a pic of your car but didnt see your maf in it..oh well

so you plug and wires are not like either pics??

Muzzy
11-03-2003, 09:55 PM
ok nevermind that second pic...
here is the right one

HaLo
11-03-2003, 10:07 PM
Seems like an SR maf to me... however, I'm with a Z32 mafs so I don't really remember how they look like. :)

the head
11-03-2003, 10:48 PM
That is an SR MAF i have the same problem you do i am currently trying to find out if i have a bad MAF or just bad wireing I also have and S13 blacktop
SOHC MAF only uses a three position plug compared to the SR that has a four position plug using only three pins
If you figure out how it is wired and the color codes please post i have been unable to figure it out I think i got this much
White= signal to ECU
Black w/white stripe=power source
Black=seems to lead nowhere unknown

My MAFS seems to transmit signal (white wire) but it is constatnly .1-.3v higher than Recommended range in the S14 FSM i have and i get the revlimiter at 2700-3000 rpm as if the sensor is not hooked up

Negreac
11-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Sounds like you got a short in your MAFS wiring. The car is running in safe mode.

kazuo
11-04-2003, 07:07 PM
SOHC MAFS works fine with SR, just match up the wires (I a using a SOHC MAFS).

SR Harness' MAFS plug has 4 holes (the redtop ones does anyway) but the MAFS itself has 3 pins, same as KA. The pins are labelled "A B C D" I believe.. just match 'em up

I hope that made sense. :P

Good luck