PDA

View Full Version : NRG short hub wont fit? please help

Dustin Desimone
06-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Hey guys, ive been having A LOT of trouble trying to find a propper hub for my 1991 240sx hatch.

I ordered this nrg short hub

http://www.amazon.com/Nissan-NRG-Steering-Adapter-SRK-140H/dp/B001G0IMT4

it says for all s13. when i got it, i took my stock wheel off and tried to slide this one on. As soon as the spline start touching it gets extremely tight and simply wont fit. it is the correct part number as well. Does anybody know anything about the NRG short hubs.

My model did come with cruise control as well, do the cruise control models have different splines??? if anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it.

G5SR20240
06-29-2011, 03:19 PM
It will fit, try sticking the wheel on it as leverage, the splines are just cut close

Dustin Desimone
06-29-2011, 03:22 PM
im scared, cuz when i pushed it barely on with my fingers, it took me like 10 minutes to get it off because it was so tight. the wheel thing is a good idea though, i will definitley try that.

have your heard of nrg threads being cut close before?

also...will my horn still work with the wiring setup that it comes with?

nathanong87
06-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Horn will work.

G5SR20240
06-29-2011, 11:47 PM
im scared, cuz when i pushed it barely on with my fingers, it took me like 10 minutes to get it off because it was so tight. the wheel thing is a good idea though, i will definitley try that.

have your heard of nrg threads being cut close before?

also...will my horn still work with the wiring setup that it comes with?

I have an nrg hub on mine and it was a tight fit but I never tried it without a wheel on and I just slid it on, I've had it off a few times but its always pretty precise And yes you just gotta be creative with the horn

ryandriftingfat
06-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Just to confirm, CC or not, the S13 spline is the same.

:)

Dustin Desimone
07-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Thanks guys, it fit perfect as soon as I attached the wheel to the entire assembly. Looks nice and works great. I appreciate all the help.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2qasacw.jpg

i also made a custom hanger out of a thin steel rod and some electrical tape haha. tell me what you think?

http://i52.tinypic.com/212y4w5.jpg

foxystyle
07-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Makes me wish I had a cage so I could do the same:) since yours looks like a track car its cool, but for a dd, kinda dumb to leave the wheel behind for thieves. Defeats the purpose of a qr.

dsastr_clan
07-01-2011, 10:18 AM
i just went thru this on this week LOL, the NRG hub works great, it makes your horn and turn signal cancel work, i will advise to you that if u need to pull the hub out again to align it that u should use a steering wheel puller from autozone do not try to pull or hammer the hub out. it'll take less than a minute

Dustin Desimone
07-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Makes me wish I had a cage so I could do the same:) since yours looks like a track car its cool, but for a dd, kinda dumb to leave the wheel behind for thieves. Defeats the purpose of a qr.

yeah i get kind of scared at the mall or something like if someone would notice its a quick release, so i usually leave the wheel on to avoid it being noticed. but if im just in my town ill either hang it up or take it with me haha.