PDA

View Full Version : '98 cd player fits into '90?

krakadil
11-02-2003, 08:46 PM
I am looking to put a factory CD player from a 1998 240sx into my 1990 240sx. I am probably going to need the connectors for the back from a 1998, but will the bracket from my 1990 work with the CD player? I just want to make sure I can mount it before I buy it. The wiring should be simple once I have it installed. Thanks.

deviousKA
11-02-2003, 09:07 PM
Im doing basically the same thing except im using a cd player from newer (98ish) pathfinder. Mounting should be the same as they mount from the sides and the pattern is standard. Yes you will need the connector and if the wire colors are not the same you will need to compare wiring diagrams

krakadil
11-02-2003, 09:55 PM
To go even further with the topic...
If I find a 6cd changer from a nissan/infiniti vehicle, will it fit in my 1990?
Thanks

gijoe69
11-03-2003, 09:01 AM
yes any double din size will fit into your car, just the wiring needs to be wired up correctly inorder for the stereo to work...best place to find wiring diagrams is installdr.com

davidae86
11-03-2003, 09:52 AM
well... a lot of nissans of the nineties also came with either a factory amplifier or Bose systems... if you get a radio from one of those systems.. you will also need the amplifiers.. and possibly speakers.... really not worth the trouble with those.. just buy an aftermarket stereo. much better quality. i am a car audio and security installer and have worked on many nissans over the years.

deviousKA
11-03-2003, 11:09 AM
do the decks themselves require the factory amp? i have worked on a few myself (installed aftermarket decks) and all i had to do was power the amp for the speakers in the vehicle to work (like the actual decks gave out the same output). I dont think the decks themselves require the amp.