PDA

View Full Version : New MAF,same problem

st165
06-28-2011, 11:03 AM
recently my MAF sensor on my sr20de got wet due to a small crack and heavy raining. i replaced it with a new MAF , and still the car is running on safe mode? (2500 rpm)what can be the problem? did the old maf short circuit my computer box? what should i check next? thank you

chetos13
06-28-2011, 03:41 PM
try to reset the ecu

nissan240sx1992
07-02-2011, 05:35 PM
how do u reset the computer...i have somewhat the same problem but it sucks first i had a semi fried engine harness and i started rewiring it well my dad was their hes a muscle car mechanic and doesnt like imports at all well he started tugging on wiring harness and the more he would tug the more the wiring got messed up well i lost my place on wiring and rewired best i could didnt want to start well sent it to ed hicks nissan to give me a new harnessand they gave it bak to me in safe mode any way to reset the computer back to normal o and by the way my car is a 1992 240sx auto matic to manual swap s13 hatch ka24de

xxsptcuztomsxx
07-11-2011, 02:36 AM
Check your ECU codes to make sure all your sensors are operating properly. Download the FSM for your model/engine and study the electrical foldout page..It's your best freind when doing any wiring.