PDA

View Full Version : Good Turbo Manifold?

wrx
10-29-2003, 05:02 PM
Can any one reccommend a good tubular, equal-length, turbomanifold for the KA24de?

RBS14
10-29-2003, 05:21 PM
the red button my friend........the red button.

wrx
10-29-2003, 05:53 PM
Thank you, that was very insightful

RBS14
10-29-2003, 06:13 PM
your welcome, i'm a very insightful person.

thx247
10-29-2003, 08:02 PM
dont worry about tuned length turbo manifolds. Look for cost, weld quality, flange thickness, fitment etc.

s15dude
10-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Chris at Speedalliance had one for his car, when he planned on going KA-T, but his plans have changed and he sold the turbo but I dont kno if he sold the manifold or not. anyways, www.speedalliance.com or IM him at speedalliance

andrave
10-30-2003, 03:39 PM
the jgs tools is log style but cheap-250 dollars. additional welding is required.

Someone on nico is making stainless log style ones, all prewelded, for 350 bucks. Check out their ka24det forum for more info.

Stone Mountain racing (ie ss autochrome on ebay) is making on center hosuing T4 manifolds for the ka24de designed to replace the revhard manifolds. They are stainless and equal length, and have a lifetime warranty against cracking. Sources inside the company say to expect a retail price of around 350-450 dollars within a couple months.

Fmax has a popular manifold but its kind of expensive for what it is.

Revhard has a log style manifold, some complaints on cracking, designed for bottom mount and must be modified for top mount, and is also designed for on center turbo housing.

Finally, IAP has an equal length ka24det manifold for sale for around 650 dollars. It has a 1 year warranty against cracking but its pretty expensive. off the top of my head I was thinking it was for a T3 turbine, but it does allow for more common tangenital housings.

mbmbmb23
10-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by wrx
Can any one reccommend a good tubular, equal-length, turbomanifold for the KA24de?

http://www.import-autoperformance.com/

INeedNewTires
04-06-2004, 09:21 PM
yea ive been checkin out that SS autochrome manifold on ebay, its only $350 group buy, and it seems to be good! Does anyone have any experience with these? im sure the quality would be the same on this one compared to their SR manifold. so has ANYONE bought a manifold from them?? Ive been looking for a deal like this for soooo long and now that i see it, im a bit skeptical... i mean, a equal length stainless manifold for the KA for under $400??? seems almost too good to be true.

the GB on Nico isin't a bad deal, but it seems like maybe a bit less quality, its not equal length, and its not polished (which really doesn't matter to me but im thinkin, the more professional it looks the more work was put into it and the better it probably is, OR could this be a coverup for the crappy quality?) I think i read somewhere that its lifetime warranty against cracking, might have to check on that though. anyones input??

kazuo
04-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Those all suck.

Wait for Secret Services to finish what they're cookin up... :)

INeedNewTires
04-07-2004, 12:22 AM
yea but how much will it be? the price is the main reason i like this manifold! that and the flange. Also, any idea on a time frame for when theirs should be comin' out?

phrozen
04-07-2004, 12:30 AM
its all about Full race ka manifold!!! just wish i could afford one...