PDA

View Full Version : wtb: s13 tension rods (not beat to shit and no ebay)

SPL-Hatch
06-18-2011, 01:36 PM
im looking for some tension rods for my s13 coupe. stock ones are shot. lmk what you have. not looking to spend tons but dont want complete junk either

Edwin562
06-18-2011, 01:53 PM
you dont want spend money, yet you dont want junk...then wat exactly your looking for!! LOL

Edwin562
06-18-2011, 01:54 PM
BTW PBM is having a sale on their tension rods.... if i was you, i would order them ASAP... they are worth the money

SPL-Hatch
06-18-2011, 02:55 PM
BTW PBM is having a sale on their tension rods.... if i was you, i would order them ASAP... they are worth the money

ill have to look into that. i want all pbm stuff

you dont want spend money, yet you dont want junk...then wat exactly your looking for!! LOL

middle of the road lol. but i cant afford cusco or spl or peak performance but id like something better than ebay

roboticnissan
06-18-2011, 03:06 PM
pbm sale going on now like 100 shipped you buy now

SPL-Hatch
06-18-2011, 03:12 PM
n the site it still says 200? if its 100 ill buy it right now lol

Edwin562
06-18-2011, 03:25 PM
ill have to look into that. i want all pbm stuff

middle of the road lol. but i cant afford cusco or spl or peak performance but id like something better than ebay

haha i can totally tell by your name!!!!

SPL-Hatch
06-18-2011, 03:26 PM
haha i can totally tell by your name!!!!

spl in my name stands for sound pressure level. not spl brand. shits over rated anyway. i joined this forum when i was still into systems

Edwin562
06-18-2011, 03:29 PM
LOL :coold: it was just funny

i just orered my PBM, i have godspeed Tensions. If you want them i can give you a pretty good deal on them...

SPL-Hatch
06-18-2011, 03:35 PM
LOL :coold: it was just funny

i just orered my PBM, i have godspeed Tensions. If you want them i can give you a pretty good deal on them...

how much were the pbms? i really want those but the site says 200 still. and isnt godspeed basically ebay junk?

blktopsr20
06-18-2011, 06:23 PM
100 bucks pbm sold out already. you have to wait for the new generations now.

SPL-Hatch
06-19-2011, 09:22 AM
anyone got any they wanna sell me?

tnd240
06-19-2011, 09:39 AM
I have a set of slightly used OEM Tension Rods with Whiteline Bushings pressed into the them - excellent condition; or,

Brand New Tein Units - and they will not be much cheaper than New in Box.

PM for details. I also have an assortment of other New, used, OEM and Aftermarket parts available.

codyace
06-19-2011, 10:10 AM
spl in my name stands for sound pressure level. not spl brand. shits over rated anyway. i joined this forum when i was still into systems

3 Options:

1. Goto the above link and buy JD's stuff

2. SPL PRO SUSPENSION PARTS (http://www.splparts.com)

Get decent shit, that will last forever, and that you can resell for more than the cost of new ebay shit when you decide to part the car out

or

3.Goto ebay, and buy the cheapest set you can find, as they are all the same beyond SPL and the PBM stuff. Megan/Godspeed/F1speed/Whatever.

I understand you're just looking to replace stock ones, and you're broke. So realistically, get the ebay ones and be happy.

SPL-Hatch
06-19-2011, 04:47 PM
im seeing if i can pick up a decent set of used tension rods. maybe some nicer stuff since i wouldnt have to pay retail. im not 100 percent broke lol

codyace
06-19-2011, 07:44 PM
im seeing if i can pick up a decent set of used tension rods. maybe some nicer stuff since i wouldnt have to pay retail. im not 100 percent broke lol

'used but cheap and good' = broke to me

Just buy new Isis ones through enjuku and be done. This way they may warrenty if it they ever fail.

SPL-Hatch
06-19-2011, 07:52 PM
'used but cheap and good' = broke to me

Just buy new Isis ones through enjuku and be done. This way they may warranty if it they ever fail.

lol whats better isis or circuit sports

future
06-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Isis, I plan to go full isis cause pbm and spl cost too much, I'm going to get them once a get some new coils. Stance ftw.

codyace
06-19-2011, 09:45 PM
lol whats better isis or circuit sports

Get whatever is cheapest, as they all use the same junk. Again, go through Enjuku for the ISIS as they will honor their warrenty.

Isis, I plan to go full isis cause pbm and spl cost too much, I'm going to get them once a get some new coils. Stance ftw.

Cost to much? Or you can't afford them. Big difference. SPL and PBM are top notch parts that will never have issues. That is what you pay for. Then again, 90% of SPL and PBM part owners keep their ars for more than 2 years, so it makes sense. No offense, but don't dismiss their quality.

SPL-Hatch
06-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Get whatever is cheapest, as they all use the same junk. Again, go through Enjuku for the ISIS as they will honor their warrenty.

Cost to much? Or you can't afford them. Big difference. SPL and PBM are top notch parts that will never have issues. That is what you pay for. Then again, 90% of SPL and PBM part owners keep their ars for more than 2 years, so it makes sense. No offense, but don't dismiss their quality.

ive heard of problems with both pbm and spl. like spls pillow balls will rust cause the small rings that cover it dry out and crack real fast and ive heard of stripped out rod ends on pbms. and there is no way all other brands use the same rod ends...

tnd240
06-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Whiteline-Pressed Bushings will last.

What is the anticipated use for the application you seek? Track or Street?

I have a set of slightly used OEM Tension Rods with Whiteline Bushings pressed into the them - excellent condition; or,

3 Options:
1. Goto the above link and buy JD's stuff

SPL-Hatch
06-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Whiteline-Pressed Bushings will last.

What is the anticipated use for the application you seek? Track or Street?

both. there is a drift practice at the local track twice every month and i plan on going to those and it is also my daily driver. how much for the teins? pm me

tnd240
06-20-2011, 04:37 PM

What is your budget?

both. there is a drift practice at the local track twice every month and i plan on going to those and it is also my daily driver. how much for the teins? pm me

codyace
06-20-2011, 11:27 PM
ive heard of problems with both pbm and spl. like spls pillow balls will rust cause the small rings that cover it dry out and crack real fast and ive heard of stripped out rod ends on pbms. and there is no way all other brands use the same rod ends...

So youv'e had no personal experience with either, and trust a bunch of inter-tards on their arm chair opinion. SPL is tits, no matter which way you slice it. Got issues, they fix it for you, for free, on their dime.

What is your budget?

His budget seems to be of about 17 dollars and 92 cents. If he can't afford ebay junk, and thinks SPL is overpriced, then he's up shits creek.

SPL-Hatch
06-21-2011, 10:22 AM
So youv'e had no personal experience with either, and trust a bunch of inter-tards on their arm chair opinion. SPL is tits, no matter which way you slice it. Got issues, they fix it for you, for free, on their dime.

His budget seems to be of about 17 dollars and 92 cents. If he can't afford ebay junk, and thinks SPL is overpriced, then he's up shits creek.

lol bud you are one of the inter-tards you speak of, from my prospective. what should make me trust you more than them? you seem like a spl nuthugger. plus its not a question of if i can afford ebay junk its the fact that ive done research on multilink arms and i dont want that egay shit... anyway, im picking up a used set of kazama's for a good price an that was my exact intention of this thread. not to pick up ebay shit for even cheaper than fleabay itself