PDA

View Full Version : SR20 redtop idle surge problems! PLEASE HELP!

**drewy
06-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Hey everyone, I've been having this problem for about a little over a month now and it all started after I rebuilt the motor. When I started the motor for the first time idle was surging like crazy. From 1000-2500 and it repeat itself for a bit until we messed with the IACV. Then it would have very rough idle at about a steady 1000rpm. I would be at about 16+ on my AFR so super lean! I adjusted my fpr to about 50psi and that raised my idle to about 2200 but it was smooth and at 12 on my AFR(super rich for idle). My car would then always shoot up to about 2000rpm on start and if tried to drive it right away it would start surging again and stall out. I have to let the car warm up a bit first to even start rolling or it seems like it just wants to keep surging and die until it reaches OT. Important things to note(things ive changed while build/rebuilding) that might be the cause of the problem.

ISIS z32 MAF(want to change it for an oem one asap)
Coolant temp sensor from a KA24E?
EPROM'd stock ecu

I'm clueless ATM and to boot my car does not feel like it should feel before the rebuild it was stock(t25 stock boost) and it ran mint no problems and felt fast for stock. Now I have a 2871r on 11psi and it barely feels as fast... =( I cleaned the IACV to forgot to mention...

If anyone has or had the same or similar problems as I do your input would be greatly appreciated!!

Vernal
06-18-2011, 11:04 PM
intake/vacuum leaks? have you thrown a vac gauge on?

**drewy
06-20-2011, 09:05 PM
intake/vacuum leaks? have you thrown a vac gauge on?

No vac leaks =(

Anyone?

Uncivil240
06-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Check the resistance on your injectors and make sure they are all good , or unplug them one by one and see if the engine tries to die. Other than that your temp sensor may be causing that as well , you know like when you don't have enough antifreeze in your car and your idle will loop back and forth. Check those things as well

army240
06-22-2011, 02:52 AM
Could be a bad tune in the EEPROM'd ECU... maybe it wasn't tuned for the Z32 MAF properly...

Do you know where that tune come from?!?

Frank