PDA

View Full Version : Hard Steering problem!

ScRote20det
06-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Im having some tough steering problems....i dont have any power steering....took the pump and all off......and i know it will be a lil harder to steer....but its almost like things are binding up on me......i had cheap ebay drop springs on it....and even when i was moving i had to use two hands to steer....put some tien s tech springs which raised the front end a lil but it seems like its easier to steer...could it be the fact that my tie rods could be bent and where the tien springs raised my front end...therefore making it easier to steer coz it took some pressure off my tie rods.....any suggestions would be amazing...or any past ex. would help....i plan on getting some coilovers soon....and really dropping it...and im afraid of really binding things up. was wondering if i needed to get aftermarket tie rods or upgrade to z32 tie rods. thanks guys.

Vernal
06-16-2011, 12:42 AM
Lift the front end up shake it down and visually inspect. Upgrading the inners strengthens the steering. Check the bearings of your top strut mounts

mxexux
06-16-2011, 12:52 AM
The only way you're going to make the steering a little easier is if you reduce the caster and also minimize the scrub radius which means going to a high offset wheel. I say just put the power steering back on. Definitely not worth ditching it for weight savings for engine responsiveness...

Wookie384
06-16-2011, 03:16 AM
Wouldn't adjusting the ride height also affect the toe? Maybe you're toed in when you're lower, that would affect the steering response.

Renelovesnike
06-16-2011, 03:48 AM
Hmmm no power steering turning is only hard at a dead stop so even when ur moving you need two hands?? 0.o

id check ur tie rods to check if there bent since that takes seconds and probbly you should go back to power steering or hit the gym? :)

ScRote20det
06-16-2011, 11:23 AM
well does anyone have power steering pump assymbly for sr?

ScRote20det
06-16-2011, 02:30 PM
well ive got a KA pump....what all do i need to get it to work on my SR?

smokestr240
09-23-2011, 09:53 AM
just swap the brackets and the pulley

jrifta_status
09-23-2011, 02:48 PM
all that sheeyit dont matter... you just need power steering. the rack & pinion was designed for use with it yo