PDA

View Full Version : Nissan head experts in South Florida??

BeteNoir
10-28-2003, 06:18 PM
I will be purchasing a 240 in the next month or so. I have allocated about 1k to head work, not including cams and valves. I live close to a couple racing shops that I've used before but neither of them have much experience with the Ka head.

My question: Does anyone know any shops in the South Florida tri-county are that have extensive experience with Nissans, and specifically the ka head. Any help is appreciated.

I basically need input from people who have good, consistent results from local shops.

TBreu007
10-28-2003, 09:15 PM
What are you looking to get done?
For 1K, and if you want to maintain driveability, there isn't a whole lot more you can do outside of cams and stock sized valves. Just stiffer valve springs will make a huge difference in upper end power...especially with cams. Of course a good port match in the head would be in order too.

I know of places in Boca or Lauderdale depending on how crazy you want to get.

BeteNoir
10-28-2003, 09:53 PM
I didn't include cams in the 1k. I priced out .5mm oversized valves at $320. I know the guys in the race shop by my house and I know that they'll do a 3 angle valve job and assembly w/race springs for $350 if I pay cash. I have done several sets of small block Chevy heads with them.

The only reason I don't take it to them is that they don't do a lot of imports. They are familiar with the head but they were unable to tell me what would give the most results and what kind of gains to expect.

BeteNoir
11-01-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by TBreu007
What are you looking to get done?
For 1K, and if you want to maintain driveability, there isn't a whole lot more you can do outside of cams and stock sized valves. Just stiffer valve springs will make a huge difference in upper end power...especially with cams. Of course a good port match in the head would be in order too.

I know of places in Boca or Lauderdale depending on how crazy you want to get.

Sure. I welcome any recommendation.