PDA

View Full Version : Need help with tps!!

blank240
06-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi, i have a s13 sr20det blacktop type x. im having trouble with the tps(Throttle position sensor). i previously had the automatic tps on my sr (the one with the 6 different color wires), that one went crazy and threw my throttle up and down from 30% to 99% with the gas pedal lightly pressed down. even on idle it sits at 30% to 60%. so then i changed it and bought one from performance nissan on ebay. when it came in i installed it. from top to bottom i rigged the wires in from red, white and black. i thought i did it wrong so then i switched the red and black wires around but it didnt change. the throttle still sits at 30% to 60%. i just cant seem to find out what the problem is. i took the car out for a test drive and i cant go pass 2K rpm. it bogs like crazy! also, the throttle keeps jumping from 30% to %60 then back down to 0% while im driving. the percent doesnt stay steady in one place, it jumps around like crazy without pressing on the gas pedal. so its dumping fuel in the chambers when my foot is off the gas. also, when i let go off the throttle my car just dies. so i dont know if its my brand new tps or if its my wiring or my ecu thats making that problem. or maybe i bought the wrong tps for my sr, but isnt the s13 tps compatible with any of the s13 sr? alot of help would be appreciated since i need to tune my car this friday. i already looked this up and cant find anything to help me. thanks

blank240
06-13-2011, 12:10 AM
any help would be appreciated please, thanks

cotbu
06-13-2011, 12:36 AM
You didn't mention your safc, that part of the system is always questionable. go to the area that has the volts read the voltage for tps, not the percentage. matter of fact give us all the settings on the AFC and post them. it's probably a wiring issue for tps and mafs taking the safc out of the equation temporarily is part of my fix.

Look at what you did, you caused me to speculate that there's an SAFC present.
That's worse than profiling! I'm sorry, I maybe of no help to you.

blank240
06-13-2011, 12:46 AM
You didn't mention your safc, that part of the system is always questionable. go to the area that has the volts read the voltage for tps, not the percentage. matter of fact give us all the settings on the AFC and post them. it's probably a wiring issue for tps and mafs taking the safc out of the equation temporarily is part of my fix.

Look at what you did, you caused me to speculate that there's an SAFC present.
That's worse than profiling! I'm sorry, I maybe of no help to you.

im not a brainer when it comes to the safc but my buddy said that the volts on the tps is all off and are higher than its supposed to be. the reading for the power is 1.9 volts. we thought it was the ground so we regrounded the wire to bare metal and it didnt change. i found the wiring and i did that but it didnt change at all so im at a lost at this and need it fixed so i can tune. any more help would be appreciated so i can fix it. the setting on the safc is set to 0% on everything. im taking the safc and replacing that with the aem ems series 2. i think the sensor or car type was set to pressure or something like that. running my car on karma kills it.

cotbu
06-13-2011, 01:10 AM
you can manually set the voltage for the tps loosen the two bolts\screws and twist/rotate the tps until you get .45volts lock it back down. I would use a multimeter if you think the safc is faulty.
Your settings in the afc should be set to hotwire, I forget the exact settings for a type x

blank240
06-13-2011, 12:42 PM
I'll check that out and ill let you know. Thanks, Anybody else??

blank240
06-15-2011, 06:41 PM
I Checked it and try adjusting it but I couldnt get it to .45V. The closes I can get is 3V. Im going to try and rewire this from the ecu and see if that will change. Any help from someone else would be appreciated thanks