PDA

View Full Version : Sr20det w/ splitfires coils breaking up...dwell settings?

heavypork
06-11-2011, 08:10 AM
I have an s13 sr20det built top and bottom, running on haltech p1000 ecu. I am running the splitfire coilpack ignition upgrade and when I went to get tuned a few weeks ago it would break up on the dyno anytime the timing started to advance from base and even a little while timingnwas locked at 15 degrees. Last night I fiddled arounded and checked a few things, and ended up trying the factory coilpacks and harness amongst many other things. I found the coilpacks were the fix to my issue, but my question is..
Why would brand new plug and play splitfire coilpack be doing this... I thought that maybe I needed to change the dwell settings in the haltech as most people with ls1 coils have to do, but they are sold as a plug and play kit for people with stock ecu's.

Does anyone have any input on why they'd be doing this? I checked my ground from the splitfire amplifier and it's tight and on the clean piece of metal (dashboard support).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

codyace
06-11-2011, 05:52 PM
send an email to Enthalpy or Pm use Epstein (chris)...IIRC he has the dwell ms lengths