noynek
06-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi

I'm looking for a Sr20det Torque Plate.

LMK what is out there.

Thanks

noynek
06-12-2011, 11:18 AM
I guess we all just have the machine shop do it.

JDS Performance
06-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Its not really needed - just torque down the main caps/plate with ARPs or stock bolts to spec - I have done quite a few like this with no issues! The trick is to be sure the shop only removes a little at a time and gives ample cooling time.

I have a buddy that would at a machine shop that can make them for around $400 - but we would have to get a group buy together as he wont do just 1. LMK if you want to get this together/going
[email protected]

noynek
06-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Its not really needed - just torque down the main caps/plate with ARPs or stock bolts to spec - I have done quite a few like this with no issues! The trick is to be sure the shop only removes a little at a time and gives ample cooling time.

I have a buddy that would at a machine shop that can make them for around $400 - but we would have to get a group buy together as he wont do just 1. LMK if you want to get this together/going
[email protected]

Just to be sure ...I need to go 87mm pistons .. youre saying I should just torque down the main caps / bolts to spec and then have the block bored a little at a time?

HIGHFIVEBETA
06-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Definately dont skimp out on a good machine shop to do this for you. Mediocre machine shops even cannot bore and hone to appropriate spec. I've had it happen to me before.