PDA

View Full Version : 1993 300zx twin turbo

zx613sd
06-08-2011, 04:35 PM
I need some tips on how to remove passenger side exhaust manifold on a 300zx tt. I have the heat shield off and all the pipes off the turbo . Cant seem to figure out how to get hand in thier to get the bolts out off the turbo where it connects to manifold,so i want to take it out with it but cant get the last two bolts out of manifold. The pre-CAT has a stripped bolt in it that i cant get out either.Im stuck..any tips please help

TTnickdizzle
06-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Its dam near impossible without pulling the motor. even if you have every swivel/ extension combo possible its quicker to just pull the motor.

zx613sd
07-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I got the turbo out on the passanger side and the manifold without pulling the motor.Good thing is turbo is in great shape. Now for the other side. I learned if u have a good z in great shape its possibly to do whatever the shop manual says. Other wise i would of just pulled the motor but no need.. I guess u could say lucky me.... Now all i need is to find where i can get my hands on a set of sport 500s turbos or t28's. Manifold is in and waiting for fresh turbos.....cause all the shit i had to go through i refuse to put in stock turbos....lol

Supergoji
08-09-2011, 10:24 AM
pull the motor, it's faster. i know from experience. it took 6 hours to R&R non turbo headers without pulling the engine. with turbo models, there's more shit and less room, it's a no brainer.

pull the engine, replace what you need to do and replace it with some nice new MSP mani's and what ever turbos you can afford. make sure to get injectors to match the power they can make otherwise you'll be stuck on low boost and thats no fun.