PDA

View Full Version : which eibach springs should i get?

Twinchy
10-26-2003, 04:01 PM
I am not sure whether i should get the pro-kit or sportlines.i have a 90 coupe. i want my car to have a low drop but iam not sure which one i should get. Which one would improve my handling better too but give it a low drop? What kind of shocks should i get with it?
any help will do thanx.
Richard

RBS14
10-26-2003, 04:25 PM
SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cliffnotes:
best handling = pro kit
lowest = sportlines
shocks = whatever fits your budget

so to sum it all up.........SEARCH! :)

Twinchy
10-26-2003, 07:30 PM
geez thanx

RBS14
10-26-2003, 11:02 PM
geez ur welcome!

WongFeiHung
10-27-2003, 09:06 AM
Both eibachs are pretty soft...the pro kit drop is really mild...Either one is fine if you still want a comfortable ride...

hookedup240
10-27-2003, 09:56 AM
go with the sportlines with agx combo...because that's what i have, but yea search there is alot of info about this.

96twofourty
10-27-2003, 01:19 PM
If you can afford ~$750 you gan get Apexi World sport coilovers
http://www.acura-tl.com/images/products/Apexi/Apexi_worldsport_coilovers.jpg
I have the sportlines and this is how low it is. Im linking the pic because its too big.
http://home.attbi.com/~vtecteg4u/wsb/media/18684/site1115.JPG

nrcooled
10-27-2003, 05:39 PM
Eibachs are weak!!!!

Get something that won't be a waste of money. Progressive springs are a comprimise not an improvement.

Your money, your call but you DID ask for opinions

Twinchy
10-27-2003, 05:45 PM
ok. let me start over then. i want a low drop but iam only gonna spend $450 max and i want to get shocks too, so that will include the price of shocks. I have a 90 240sx if that helps too

RBS14
10-27-2003, 05:49 PM
on a $450 budget you aren't going to be able to buy upgraded shocks and springs. simple as that.

nrcooled
10-27-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by RBS14
on a $450 budget you aren't going to be able to buy upgraded shocks and springs. simple as that.

Werd! Wait untill you can afford more instead of wasting your money. Or start shopping for used parts. I got my AGXs and HKS springs used for $450 but I shopped around for a long time and got lucky to get very expensive spring/shock combo for cheap.

Twinchy
10-27-2003, 11:31 PM
ok thanx guys, so what should i be looking at then? what kind of price range for upgraded springs and shocks, some good ones too.

nrcooled
10-28-2003, 07:50 AM
First determine what you want to do with your car then get back to us.

Auto-x, road course, drag, street(just want a drop).

Just want a drop- get anything
Auto-x- Custom ground controlls with tokico blues
road course- RSR, GCs, HKS w/ AGXs
drag- stock will be you best bet (you want the squat)

Flybert
10-28-2003, 08:37 AM
Go look for my post in the For Sale section. I'm selling my Eibach Pro Kit and Koni Sports for $450 plus shipping. They have only been used for 8 months. The reason I'm selling them is because I replaced them with some coilovers because I'm going to start doing plenty of track driving.

Koni Sports are probably one of the best shocks you can get for our cars. Let me know if you are interested. You can send me an email by clicking on EMAIL below. The Pro Kit doesn't drop the car too low but the ride is nice and the shocks allow you to stiffen up the ride to the point of harshness when going over bumps. I have another guy who said he is going to buy them but I'm not sure if he is going to come through.

misnomer
10-28-2003, 09:46 AM
Be careful with used shocks -- they are a wear item.

As nrcooled said, it all depends on what you want out of the car. Ground Control makes a great budget coilover, which as I recall you can specify your spring rates for. I don't know if I'd recommend getting those with Tokico Blues, though. They're a great shock, but lack the adjustability of KYB's AGX. Another option as Flybert said are the Konis. Stellar shock, but expensive.

I've got Blues myself, for a few reasons: they were cheaper (~300 for all four corners), my springs are that aggressive (Tokico springs), and I don't want to mess with adjustibility. My car is a daily driver that enjoys a spirited run through the mountains every now and then. I don't care so much about the drop (1" in this case) :P

Figure most springs kits will set you back ~$200, shocks from $300 to $500, and there's your budget. For pricing, hit the Links button and start shopping through the online stores.

As far as springs go, check the FAQs: (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7590 ). The bigger the spring rate, the stiffer the spring. Stiffer spring means less comfortable, but more responsive (and less body roll).

WongFeiHung
10-28-2003, 11:57 AM
You can get teins on ebay for <$150

Twinchy
10-28-2003, 12:06 PM
ok my car is a daliy drivin car but it deals with some road racing but a little more street racing, then road racing, so what do you think should be my best setup?