PDA

View Full Version : Running rich/high idle

NYTwo4tee
06-06-2011, 05:59 PM
I posted this over on ka-t but i get a response maybe every 3 days so this is being a pretty slow process. But my 240 (Ka24de-t) is running pretty rich (i think its the atmospheric BOV so I'm in the process of making that recirculated) and also has a high idle. Before the car wouldnt even idle, it would jump around and eventually bog out, so I messed around with the timing a little and it's not idling but high at 1200 rpms. I'm not sure if itll keep idle off a cold start though (car was warmed up and the idle stayed). But when I rev the car up itll just die when the rpms fall. Current ideas I've been told are: clean the IACV, set timing back to spec, and a couple other things back to spec. the AFR at idle (right now 1200 rpms) was 17.2 and the 02 was reading 4.57. I'll also check for vaccuum leaks (I'll look up how to do that but I have a good idea as to how)

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I'm new to the 240 scene, and F/I also.

heres some of the stuff done to the car:

Enthalpy ROM-tuned ECU and adapter harness
Apex'i AFC Neo fuel controller
top mount EMUSA T3/To4e turbo
ssqv atmospheric BOV (now has a 29mm adapter but no hose to run it)
300zxTT fuel filter
Oil catch can
Apex'i turbo timer
Manual boost controller
EGR blockoff
Sard 550cc injectors
Z32 MAF with adapter and filter
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Megan Racing adjustable fuel pressure regulator
3" stainless downpipe, midpipe w/flex, and apexi resonator/cut off catback
Blackworks aluminum radiator
Silicone radiator hoses

Also has an SAFC but I have no idea how to go about trying to use that to "trick" the MAF which I heard was a bad idea

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pro ViZIon
06-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Dumb question. But did you get the appropriate tune for those injectors?

Oh and what is your fuel pressure at idle?

NYTwo4tee
06-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Dumb question. But did you get the appropriate tune for those injectors?

Oh and what is your fuel pressure at idle?

Couldn't really tell you about the tune for the injectors (bought the car like this) but I can find out. and I havn't checked the fuel pressure at idle because it won't keep idle (I guess it only keeps idle after it's warmed up)

Pro ViZIon
06-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Have you checked your o-rings to make sure they're not leaking? Was the car running good prior to you buying it?

NYTwo4tee
06-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Have you checked your o-rings to make sure they're not leaking? Was the car running good prior to you buying it?

The car was running good and the SAFC was in use before he put it into storage, then it sat for like 6 months, then it was reading an ecu code 12 and he disconnected the SAFC.

Pro ViZIon
06-08-2011, 01:06 AM
Well a code 12 is a bad maf sensor. Have you tried using another one?

NYTwo4tee
06-08-2011, 03:53 PM
I was thinking the MAF could be bad but it's pretty much brand new, I'm going to double check the wiring and all that and if worst comes to worst I'll replace that and hope for the best

NYTwo4tee
06-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Little update: I got the adapter for the BOV (29mm) now im just trying to find a hose for it but I'm having no luck finding anything that will fit it. The car also idles fine after it warms up but at first its bogging down.