PDA

View Full Version : Removing water lines from intake manifold?

HOOCH
06-05-2011, 02:39 PM
So I'm thinking of taking the water lines out of the intake manifold and wondering if anybody here has experience doing it and what they noticed?

The way I look at it is you want your manifold to be cold not hot and having water run through it means it will be at 180-200 so it kinda defeats having cold air going in there then! And by running one of those thick nylon gaskets it will isolate it from the head reducing temps even more!

Motor is redtop SR with greddy manifold!

cotbu
06-05-2011, 05:41 PM
you can safely remove the coolant lines from the throttle body, but the coolant lines for the iacv are important. If your running it(iacv) leave them. One of the symptoms for removing the IACV coolant lines is high uncontrollable idle.

s14unimog
06-07-2011, 02:15 PM
^what he said. I usually bleed my coolant system through my IACV lines on my Freddy manifold so I don't have to deal with that surging idle speed on start up. You can get rid of the one for the throttle body as they were intended for cold climate.

HOOCH
06-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Ok so my next question is how do I tell if it's lines for the iacv? keep in mind this is a greddy manifold